Dogs - just beware!

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I just want you all to remember to be extremely safe around dogs and DO NOT ever risk trusting a dog alone with your children whether it's your own dog or not. I am a dog fanatic and I work with dogs for a living, but recent events have reminded me that dogs are dangerous and should not be trusted.

Yesterday my Sister In Law's 1 year old little girl was attacked by a familiar dog that has grown up with the baby, she is a St Bernard and she just started eating my niece. She has spent all day in surgery today trying to repair lots of damage that this very large dog has caused, and my goodness it is a miracle that she didn't die.

My sister in law managed to get the dog off her little one, then the dog came back for more and ripped her from her arms.

Just please bear this in mind when around dogs, I have lots of my own dogs and this is a massive wake up call not to EVER risk leaving them under ANY circumstances.

Oh my. I hope the girl is ok dear. Lots of hugs :) xx

Holy shit. My dogs are never ever left near my son and they can't jump the baby gate we now have. I hope she's okay xxx

I hope she is too, possible loss of fingers and a chewed up arm ... terrifying x

Oh no, that's so awful. Poor little girl- I hope she recovers quickly and that the damage isn't too bad :-(

Oh no, I hope your niece recovers fully, poor little girl :( xxx

Thinking of your niece and family, please be ok little one. Thanks for the reminder x

This is horrific. Poor little girl! Her mum must have been terrified! You're absolutely right, you can't ever know what a dog is thinking. Please let us know how she is xx

Thinking of your niece and family. Such a shocking situation to go through! :( Thanks for the reminder. Hope the surgery goes well for your niece :hugs:

I will go visit them tomorrow, surgery went really well and fingers are all intact and repaired. I will find out more details about her arm, by the sounds of things she is okay. I am so glad for them that it wasn't worse to be honest, I just can't believe she got away that lightly xx

I'm so glad to hear she's recovering, a St Bernard v a 1 year old just sends shivers down my spine. I hope your sister is ok as well because that must have been traumatic to watch.

She said she's traumatised and she just keeps having flash backs of her daughters arm in this dogs mouth and this dog just trying to swallow her! What a horrible image to be stuck with :( I feel so sorry for them xx

I'm glad they was able to save her fingers, she also must be very traumatised. What's happened to the dog? Surely they can not keep it after this x

I hope they have had it destroyed, I am seeing them later so will find out if the dog has been destroyed. I would never ever trust that dog again! xx

This has sent shivers down my spine...but totally agree. We have a 1.5year old beagle who's placid as anything but we still won't be leaving her around the baby unattended.

Gosh I hope your niece pulls through and recovers, poor little darling :( xxx

I hope she recovers quickly. Hugs for her and her family.

In all honesty I'm thinking if a st bernard wanted to kill a 1 year old it probably would have done so it likely wasn't the dogs intention? but still terrifying and not a dog to be trusted.

Could there have been a medical reason for it? St Bernard's aren't known for any type of aggression and are normally very placid dogs. I'm wondering if something happened before the attack as it seems like it's a bit out of character for the animal? We've been having problems with our husky she isn't herself at all so I know something is wrong with her and she's off to the vet tonight for a full body check xxx

Could there have been a medical reason for it? St Bernard's aren't known for any type of aggression and are normally very placid dogs. I'm wondering if something happened before the attack as it seems like it's a bit out of character for the animal? We've been having problems with our husky she isn't herself at all so I know something is wrong with her and she's off to the vet tonight for a full body check xxx

I remember you posted a post about that, I thought I'd read she had got better?x

That poor family, and the poor dog. How awful for the little girl, I hope they get down to the bottom of why the dog acted like that as it's not typical of the breed to be violent or aggressive. Thinking off all of those involved, hope the little girl is ok.

Blueclass, I wouldn't believe everything that gets said.. Apparently violet's dog has cancer (despite no biopsy being done) and that was only diagnosed on Friday night/Saturday morning. Why you would need to take the dog back 2 days later for another "full body check" is beyond me, this dog has reportedly been to the vet at least 3 or 4 times in the last fortnight. Doesn't sound right to me.

She's the fourth St Bernard I have known to attack someone, they aren't as laid back as everyone thinks.

It would have killed her if Lucy hadn't turned around, she just started swallowing her, her mum was stood right next to her. The dog has bitten 3 other people we have just found out and I think it likely that she will be destroyed. There could well be something wrong with her, I reckon there is but again I have known temperaments like this in quite a variety of dogs and breeds. I work with dogs for a living so see this sort of thing more than people realise it happens. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back