Does your bump have to drop?

Goldenone

Reaction score
Hi All

I've had a couple of people say to me that because of how little my bump's dropped, that'll I'll definitely go past my due date (Monday next week). Having resisted the urge to punch them :wall: ... what do you think? Does your bump HAVE to drop or is everyone different? :think: My bump has always been 'pert' and it's still quite high up but the head's engaged (3/5ths) so just wondered what you thought.

Cheers all

J x

hi there......just noticed you're in Staffs and due next Monday. I'm in Stoke and I'm due on Tuesday :wave: :wave:

As for bump dropping, yours sounds just like mine. It's always been pert and high up and although I can feel that it's moved down a little bit it's still relitively high up. The baby's head is, like yours, 3/5 engaged which my MW says is fine and it doesn't have to fully engage until labour starts so I'm not overly worried

I was convinced I'd go over but I've been losing my plug over the past few days and I've lost loads of it today and I'm having definate contractions now. Although they're not close togerther or regular yet at least it's a sign that something is happening :cheer: :cheer:

I am sure someone will correct me if im wrong but your bump only drops because the baby drops into your pelvis hence being lower down. But if your baby is already engaged i cannot see it dropping any more untill you go into labour.

My baby didnt engage untill i was in labour so my bump never dropped before hand.

Hope that helps i was 6 days early with DD and i saw the midwife the day before who booked me in for my overdue appointment as it seemed i was no where near ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back