Does anyone else...

Holly1991

Reaction score
Feel absolutely repulsed by fruits and veg? The thought the feel and taste of them blah!
I used to be fine... Haha I seem to have regressed back into hating them.

Has anyone got any tips to hide the veg? Recipies etc? Just so I'm getting more in me. :)
So lucky I'm taking vitamins!

Xx

I blitz courgettes, carrots, red peppers, tinned tomes, onion and garlic, the cook to make a pasta sauce :)

I blitz courgettes, carrots, red peppers, tinned tomes, onion and garlic, the cook to make a pasta sauce :)

How did I not think of this! That's a brilliant idea! :) thank you!
Going to be like eating baby food all over again hehe :p

X

Oh, and when I do meatballs or meatloaf, I mince up onions, celery, carrots, garlic, mushrooms.....all very small, give them a quick fry in the pan with just a touch of oil. Let them cool and add to the mince to be mixed up and cooked. Egg and breadcrumb help it bind together.

Holly I'm the same, I usually eat pretty healthy but right now I can't really face fruit and veg. All I want is crap. Really going to try hard to force myself. That's a great idea about the pasta sauce xxx

I was the same till about 11 4. Now they are still hit and miss but I can eat them most times now. I can't buy them in advance though they go off. I need to think can I eat fruit / veg right now and if so what. They buy and eat before I change my mind!

Haha glad I'm not te only one ladies! It's terrible I tried and apple the other day and ohhh I did struggle hahha!
:) xx

Oh, and when I do meatballs or meatloaf, I mince up onions, celery, carrots, garlic, mushrooms.....all very small, give them a quick fry in the pan with just a touch of oil. Let them cool and add to the mince to be mixed up and cooked. Egg and breadcrumb help it bind together.

Another really good idea! Thankyou. I am going to write this stuff down!
Thankyou again! :):) xx

No problem :D I just remembered another one: for breakfast or midday, I used to take frozen berries, fruit juice (like orange or something), as banana, and yogurt (regular or Greek - although vanilla ice cream makes it a treat hehehe). Then blitz. If its too icy, add more juice and blitz. Great on hot days.

I have just posted on another forum about this! I feel awful for my little bubs cause I can't face anything that I should be eating. Salty crisps and picking on biscuits is my diet right now, having to force myself to eat breakfast, which tbh 9 times out of 10 I throw up!
So I was thinking should I be taking a more loaded vitamin, taking a boots own folic acid and vit d at the moment. Should I be on pregnacare or something similar, it is a worry!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No problem :D I just remembered another one: for breakfast or midday, I used to take frozen berries, fruit juice (like orange or something), as banana, and yogurt (regular or Greek - although vanilla ice cream makes it a treat hehehe). Then blitz. If its too icy, add more juice and blitz. Great on hot days.

That's a good idea! Gonna get me some frozen berries today! Sorry hijacking the thread!

I've got the change 4life app on my phone, the one for the TV ads endorsed by the government. It's all about ramming as much good stuff into normal meals, I think it's mainly for children but I started using it as hubs refuses to eat anything good for him! I'm always hiding broccoli in stuff!

That's it mrshop! Hiding the good stuff is really the key. I had to do it with my ex and with my first lo. It's like, if they can't see the veg, it must not be there lol.

I heard another recipe where a woman blitzed cooked butte nut squash into cheese sauce to make mac n cheese. Haven't tried that one but sounds ok, if you don't add too much squash. I can't have dairy anymore so it's out for me hehe

Last edited:
Such brilliant ideas :) hahah mmm I'm just like a child if I can't see /taste the veg it's not there ;) even if I'm the one cooking it lol. Cause I usually love alot of fruit and veg :) I am deffo giving some of these a go!! :D xx

I have just posted on another forum about this! I feel awful for my little bubs cause I can't face anything that I should be eating. Salty crisps and picking on biscuits is my diet right now, having to force myself to eat breakfast, which tbh 9 times out of 10 I throw up!
So I was thinking should I be taking a more loaded vitamin, taking a boots own folic acid and vit d at the moment. Should I be on pregnacare or something similar, it is a worry!

I take pregnacare max vitamins :) it's loaded with pretty much everything and I don't feel 'as bad' about struggling with fruits and veg :) baby's heart is beating good and strong so it must be helping! Haha :) xx

I'm worried about this - I am having some fruit (2 pieces a day usually) and occasional veg but not managing much and biscuits toast etc is what I usually revert to.. and I'm only taking folic acid with vit d as well. I'm gonna ask my dr when I see him on Monday. Problem is I tried pregnacare and they made me feel extra sick with awful trapped wind and stomach pains - my stomach is quite sensitve anyway. So I stopped taking them.

Just don't want baby to miss out!

purple_pianos xx

I just want to eat everything right now, even fruit & veg. I was very close to heating up the leftovers from last nights takeaway curry a few hours ago. So wrong - curry at 8.30am. And can I just add that the remains of last nights curry was not from my order as I obviously ate everything that I ordered. But was the remains of my oh's curry.

That's it mrshop! Hiding the good stuff is really the key. I had to do it with my ex and with my first lo. It's like, if they can't see the veg, it must not be there lol.

I heard another recipe where a woman blitzed cooked butte nut squash into cheese sauce to make mac n cheese. Haven't tried that one but sounds ok, if you don't add too much squash. I can't have dairy anymore so it's out for me hehe

Bloody ridiculous isn't it! I say to him "you'll never grow big and strong mind!" ;)

It's really hard to eat healthy when you're struggling to eat ladies, my midwife told me not to worry so long as I'm eating something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back