Doctors, dates, scans, inductions and sweeps all for me

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
Hi guys

well first thing on monday morning I have a doctors appointment, I need more gaviscon as I htought I would have popped by now and have run out, I also have a mole which has appeared in pregnancy and has not gone a bit iffy, people have told me moles can change in pregnancy due to hormones so I am not too worried.

I then have to go to hospital for a growth scan, no problems there as my bump has doubled in size, after I see the consultant and my midwife said the doc will give me a sweep. They will then book me in for an induction 10 days past my due date may 3rd is the date.

May 3rd is my own original due date as i know when we conceived, this would only make me 39 weeks pregnant now so even though i have gone overdue I am probably not overdue. Shall I explain this to them, they put me 10 days forward on scan due to size of head :shock: I have a feeling it is wrong, do I have to be induced at this time. I realise there are safety issues about being left too long but I hope to god I go naturally and before that date.

Just thought I would keep everyone up-to-date.
xxx

You don't *have* to agree to an induction fwiw. If you are sure of your dates I'd talk it over with them. They can monitor you if you go overdue and keep an eye that your placenta is still working well etc. If everything is working and LO is doing ok, then you can continue to ask to be monitored rather than induced. If things change with LO or yourself you can then consider induction.

Scan sizes are not 100% is what I have kept in mind. My baby is closer to 40 weeks if the scan is to be believed.

I'm considering opting to refuse an induction date before 42 weeks unless there is proven to be something amiss with LO or myself. I can be monitored and left alone to go into labour naturally if all remains well with myself and LO. Discuss with your MW and Doctor about it. They can/will advise you from their POV, but if you are informed of all your options and not just the ones they give you you can make a desicion based on everything. Hope that makes sense :)

Drop me a PM if you want to talk a bit more about things

good luck with the appointment! I can't wait to see pics of mhairi!
i've been thinking of you guys still playing the waiting game in here :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back