Docs tomo what am I entitled to ask for ?? Help !

greekgirl84

Reaction score
Hi all . After 25 months ttc and being fobbed off in the past I'm going docs at 9 tomo and will refuse to leave until he helps me . People who have read my threads know my doc just thinks I need to go home and get pregnant ! With hubby by my side tomo I will get answers . But I want to be packed with info of my entitlements . I've had day 21 blood test . So what now ! Thanks lovely ladies x

Hubby should get a sperm test done and possibly an ultrasound for you to check for cysts or pcos, after 2 years they have to help you so make sure you don't take no for an answer, good luck chick xx

day 3 and day 21 bloods and sperm analysis are usually the starting point

Hormone blood tests ie day 3 and 21. General blood check on the routine stuff. A semen analysis for hubby. For you an internal scan which can check for pcos and endo( also womb lining and foolicle count depending on what cycle day it is done). If he still says to go home and get pg tell him u have been trying for much longer than the NICE guyidelines state and that u r entitled to help. Most of these things except the scan can be done by ur gp so make sure u also get the fertility referral aswell. Good luck.

Just an update. Doctor has sent us away with oh having to see his own doctor to have sperm sample done. Said once we have results of that to go back and he will make a referral if that comes back ok. So here's to the next step. Lets hope he can fit in soon and get this show on the road. He said as I have had my bloods done regularly due to having a few health problems we have good knowledge of me and that I'm ok. So hoping he will follow through with this if results come back ok .

That's progress greekgirl, well done for standing your ground. Good luck with hubbys SA x

Good progress and good that he's agreed to next steps too.

Thanks lovely ladies. He's going fora general check up ext thurs( hasn't been doc in nearly 2 years as touch wood he's never really Ill) and to sprout sperm sample . Can't wait to find out results . One question though - he said he will refer us if results are ok. If sperm isn't ok surely he should still refer us???

Yeah he should refer you either way chick. Don't let him palm you off again! My hubby was the same, he hardly ever went to the docs, he can't imagine what I have to go thru, feet in stirrups and all that! :wink: wimp lol

I like your profile pic by the way, v cute x

Thanks for your reply . I thought that and I mentioned it to the holistic therapist I see who alighns my levels ( I have chronic fatigue syndrome ) so need help to put myself back on right track every so often as my immune system can't fight things itself etc etc . And she was like well surely if they come back low or that his seem isnt right then I need a referral then too ... Arrghhhh 2 years and going crazy . Watching every pregnancy programme probably doesn't help lol .

Aww thanks Hun , we got married last July and this is one and hubby's fab pic :) shows fund the whole day ... How lo have u been TTc ?

We've been trying for 2 years as well hun, so I feel your pain. I cannot watch things like one born every minute, I just avoid it completely. Wish I could do the same with the adverts! If its not the clearblue woman claire (my heart sinks when I see her face) its pampers or aptimil, the list goes on! I need to stop watching sky living lol x

Yeah I know what u mean! Every advert has a baby in it or reference to a baby! I'm a teacher and it seems every mum who can't be bothered to care for her kids is pregnant with baby 4 ( 6 or 8 in some cases) n here we are dyin for one! Injustice !

Totally. Life is just not fair. I think the only way to cope with it is to try and see all the positives in your life and try and move forward. I want a baby more than anything but I also want to enjoy my life and not just 'exist' as if my life is on pause Xxx

Hi all hubby picks up kit later today , hopefully able to book for it to be analysed next week ... Opks not showing ovulation . I have a 26-30 day cycle and now on day 15 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back