• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doc put me on antisickness tablets and bed rest...

babybo

Reaction score
But tablets not staying in as i'm throwing them up!!
I'm so tired! I've had no food in my tummy since Saturday. Really hope baby is ok.

I've got zero enegy and just can't be bothered to do anything or even move!!
I really want to put up the tree or at least get them out of the box!! Thought I'd start wrapping up presents but I just can't move!!

Has anybody used antisickness tablets and how soon do they start to work? X

Oh honey, i'm sorry to hear your having a tough time of it :(

I have been given those but I can relate on the tiredness.

HUGE hugs to you :hugs: hope you feel better soon xxx

kanga is using them hunny, have you seen her threads x

Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Have you tried lucozade for a pep of energy at least x

Just take it easy, and don't think about putting the tree up or anything. Just stay in bed, and rest. I know it will be boring but the more rest you get maybe the quicker you will feel better.

Oh Babybo i'm so sorry you're feeling rough. The hospital prescribed me Buccastem when I was having my daughter. They're completely safe during pregnancy and rather than having to swallow them they stick to the inside of your gum and dissolve straight into the blood.
They didn't stop the nausea much but they stopped the vomiting.

I really hope you're feeling better soon hon

xx

Oh, I forgot to say, despite vomiting 14+ times a day and dropping to a size 6 through the constant sickness, my daughter was born weighing 9lb!!!! Baby takes all it needs from you, which doesn't help your physical health much but at least you know little one will be just fine :hug: xx

Aww thanx girls. I've managed to keep two tablets down which is good. I'm on cyclizine. 3 a day I need to take.
I haven't moved all day. Got a headache now but I think that's because I've slept so much!!

How crap is day time tv lol!! X

Sorry your feeling so rough! I know what your going through. For me antisickness tablets didn't work at all I was still having bad nausea and vomiting all the time (still have it at times!) But don't worry about your LO baby will get what it needs from you and thats a lot of the reason you will feel even more exhausted.

Hope it doesn't last too long for you

I was on cyclizine hun and should really start to make a difference after a couple of days. Also had a bout of food poisoning recently and the hospital gave me a cyclizine injection, which lasted all of about half an hour before i was sick again. Fingers crossed sickness will soon pass for you xx

If u struggle to keep tablets down they should be able to give u an injection to get you through the initial time while tablets kick in

i got given anti sickness only took a few and they didnt work it depends what ones you get. 2 nurses at my work took them the whole way thru x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back