Question for the ladies on anti-sickness tablets.

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Hi girls

So after being discharged from hospital last week I was prescribed cyclizine anti-sickness tablets.
Since I started taking them I hadn't thrown up, but felt so sick and queasy all the time still.
Well I took a pill this morning, and about an hour later had some toast - that's what I've done every morning since being on the pills - but today I'm throwing up again!
Can't seem to keep anything down, is this supposed to happen on the tablets?
Last thing I want is to go back into hospital again :( xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

There are many different anti sickness tablets, the first one I tried didn't work well for me so your dr can try you on another, however just because they stop the sickness doesn't mean they'll always stop the nausea - that's what my consultant said
I hope you feel better soon
xxxx

the tablets dont stop you being sick they just help ease the sickness so you can eat, if your being sick to a huge degree again, id suggest the injecion at the hospital thats what i had, was over and done with in 5 mins

but for me the tabets and sickness bands worked fine xx

There are others you can try. I'd suggest if your sick again tomorrow to speak to GP and get them changed babes.x

Thanks girls.
I will try to eat something and see if it stays down, and if not, will contact my GP tomorrow. X

I had some tablets called stemetil for 3 weeks and then the sickness came back with a vengeance, didn't keep anything down for 2 days so the doctor changed them to metachlopromide and these kept me going til 13 weeks where I was able to stop taking them. Even with taking the tablets I still had bad days on them where I would be sick a couple of times, but it was ten times better than not being on them xx

Well they have stopped me being sick to the extent that I was. However, I'm still unable to stand up for more than a few minutes at a time, so can't leave the house.
I wasn't expecting a miracle, but I was hoping to go back to some form of normality! X

U just need to build ur strength back up, I can say that I still have to sit down/kneel down after half hour sometimes and I haven't been sick for nearly 2 weeks, just been feeling nauseous all day. Although this weekend I have felt pretty normal again, but I have had a few days off work. I still feel really bad if I try and get up before 9am though, and think if. Did I would start puking again.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, just take it easy :hugs: xx

Last edited:
Thank u :) x

I didnt experience the first trimester morning sickness, altho it came back and hit me hard from 26 wks and now im currently 30 weeks, i got prescribed maxalon and it doesnt take my nausea away but it keeps me from vomiting.. hope you M/s eases up soon! i no how u feel its awful!! 2nd trimester seems to be the best...
Heather xxx

Its easing off now, massively.
I'm not even taking the anti-sickness tablets anymore because I don't feel sick enough for them.

I threw up my breakfast this morning, but that's the first time I've been sick in days.
I normally feel nauseaus in the morning or if I stand up for too long, but I can go about my day now, no longer cooped up at home.

I think, as I'm nearing tri 2, its easing more and more.
WOOHOO lol xx

So glad u are feeling much jayjay, I know how awful it is. I haven't been sick or nauseous for about a week and Im loving it :D xx

Glad to hear it kanga!
Its bloody awful lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27