Do you support ideals if BNP?

beanie said:
ooh I love voting too. I feel like I have done something when I vote even if my vote never wins :rotfl: At least I have had my chance to make a difference

This is exactly how i feel. I think voter apathy really needs to be addressed in this country, there are millions of people on this planet who would love to have their vote and i think we need to realise that in some ways we are lucky.

Personally i don't think the Tories are as dangerous as the BNP and i know what your thinking i'm a tory but I dont align with any political party i vote for who i think will represent my area the best and i feel this country's voting system needs to be overhauled but that is a completely different issue.

And for the record from experience every political party have extremely good spin doctors .. Alistair Campbell springs instantly to mind.

those who don't vote have no right to then complain about the state of the country.

its as maybe that what we want doesn't get represented by any political party, but apathy/ignorance/laziness on our part will for certain and sure not change a single thing.

politics has an unfortunate stigma of being boring or complicated when in reality it is in EVERYTHING we do every day. we are just unlucky that our politicians aren't particularly glamourous (not to mention downright dishonest in some cases) and somewhat tarnish the whole business.

those who don't vote out of distaste for the candidates should, at the very least, spoil their papers so that they have made an effort to express their opinion.

how many still find it inconceivable that all UK women were not allowed to vote until 1928? that black people in the USA weren't given full freedom to vote until 1965?

how many of those who don't vote would be up in arms if that right was taken away from us??

No to the BNP....

I'm 19 and haven't had a chance to vote yet, but i try and learn as much as i can about the different parties so that i know for the future.

My MP is a Lib Dem, and he is very active in my community, he is doing a really good job, he trys to connect with everyone, he is even on Facebook!

I wrote to him once about some anti social behaviour problems i had in my area (as my OH sometimes works late i was a little scared in the house on my own!) and he wrote back, he contacted the police for me and was very helpful, things got sorted out have been brilliant since, i'm so glad i did it!

So due to this, i will vote Lib Dem.

:think:

I disagree with each and every one of the BNPs policies and I have no problem with the fact that east european workers are putting 'native' tradesmen out of work.

.... I presume thats the right thing to say!?

I wasn't going to say anything for fear of people suddenly accusing ME of being a member but my 'FIL' (Jon's Dad) and Jon are both members of the party- there names are on the list and I'm not ashamed of them. I am fully clued up on what they think is right and wrong and just because I dont agree with it doesn't mean I would alienate them. They know not to teach Evie any of their opinions; when she's old enough to understand then yes, I'm sure that we will sit down and explain them to her. Hopefully, like her mum, she'll have her own mind and will make her own decisions on what she thinks.

and another thing... this is our best friend and Evie's 'godfather':

n681220031_4829089_3906.jpg

He's half pakistanin, half kenyan and gay (although not fully out of his cupboard yet ;)... not every member has a problem with skin colour or sexuality...

Jade&Evie said:

I disagree with each and every one of the BNPs policies and I have no problem with the fact that east european workers are putting 'native' tradesmen out of work.

I wasn't going to say anything for fear of people suddenly accusing ME of being a member but my 'FIL' (Jon's Dad) and Jon are both members of the party- there names are on the list and I'm not ashamed of them. I am fully clued up on what they think is right and wrong and just because I dont agree with it doesn't mean I would alienate them. They know not to teach Evie any of their opinions; when she's old enough to understand then yes, I'm sure that we will sit down and explain them to her. Hopefully, like her mum, she'll have her own mind and will make her own decisions on what she thinks.

He's half pakistanin, half kenyan and gay (although not fully out of his cupboard yet ;)... not every member has a problem with skin colour or sexuality...
so u have no problem with these workers coming from abroad and putting people like my husband out of work and people that have lived here all their lives out onto the streets because we cant pay our bills?

I can't vote here - at least not in general elections, and can only apply for the right to (i.e. citizenship) in a year's time, after having lived and paid full taxes/contributions here for 5 years, passing a test and paying around £650 (plus travel costs etc) for the privilege. No idea how to free up that kind of money yet, but I guess I'll find a way.

I feel very strongly about the right to vote as I believe in "no taxation without representation" and don't like that I'm not given a say even though I pay the same taxes as every one else. It saddens me to see how apathetic a lot of people are about their right to vote. People fought hard for this, died for this, read up on Chartism (and once you're done with that, about the suffragettes) and maybe then you'll realise how important it is. All this moaning about how it wouldn't make a difference is plain stupid - if nobody wants to change anything and voice their opinions then things won't change.

Unsurprisingly I don't support the BNP in any way shape or form and think they're just vile. But they're part of the system, and those who support them will vote. If there's nobody who votes for different parties their ratings rise and they get in. And that's why it's important to cherish your right to vote and make use of it.

mary70 said:
Jade&Evie said:

so u have no problem with these workers coming from abroad and putting people like my husband out of work and people that have lived here all their lives out onto the streets because we cant pay our bills?

YES I DO! I just feel like on here sometime you have to say the 'right' thing else you get a load of snidey comments thrown at you after.... :?

Personally i don't think the Tories are as dangerous as the BNP and i know what your thinking i'm a tory but I dont align with any political party i vote for who i think will represent my area the best and i feel this country's voting system needs to be overhauled but that is a completely different issue.

And for the record from experience every political party have extremely good spin doctors .. Alistair Campbell springs instantly to mind.

Tbh, labour is currently firmly to the right of the Tories, if you want to talk about dangerous parties...

Jade&Evie said:
mary70 said:
[quote="Jade&Evie":rmyczhxs]:think:

YES I DO! I just feel like on here sometime you have to say the 'right' thing else you get a load of snidey comments thrown at you after.... :?[/quote:rmyczhxs]
i totally agree there hun there is far to much political correctness on here

[quote="mary70]
so u have no problem with these workers coming from abroad and putting people like my husband out of work and people that have lived here all their lives out onto the streets because we cant pay our bills?[/quote]

You're free to go anywhere to find work, too, dontchaknow? Do you think actually that people go abroad to work there and don't face any difficulties? Fwiw, I'm sure there are British people who would be able to do my job. I don't feel ashamed for a second that I've got my job though, because I put a lot of effort into it and I'm good at it. Anybody's free to compete for a job. Of course, if you say you don't mean people like me, I'd have to ask why not?

its people being brought into the country to do the jobs that i have a problem with hun which is rife in the building trade which is the only industry i have any knowledge about

mary70 said:
its people being brought into the country to do the jobs that i have a problem with hun which is rife in the building trade which is the only industry i have any knowledge about

but widowwadman's point would still stand if she was a builder...

the greater issue is that of globalisation and free market economy. it is simplistic in the extreme to blame immigrant builders for the lack of work for resident builders.

I have no problem with forigen nationals having jobs here to be honest, as that is what Brian is, he goes abroad to work... yes there are probably others of the own nationality that could do it, but he is very good at his job, hence why he is head hunted to go to different rigs to sort out the mess that others have created.
People are always fighting for jobs in this day - Unfort that is just the way the world is just now.... so many people.... so little money to pay. I know for a fact if I owned a company I would prob look at the skills which are both equal, then the money they expect... and with the way things are just now, it has to be the cheapest

Jade&Evie said:
mary70 said:
[quote="Jade&Evie":22robb4k]:think:

YES I DO! I just feel like on here sometime you have to say the 'right' thing else you get a load of snidey comments thrown at you after.... :?
[/quote:22robb4k]

If i have said anything which is snidey i apologise, no comments i make are meant to be taken personally.
I think it is fantastic when we can discuss issues like this because after all everybody should be allowed their opinion and to put their point across and lets face the world would be an extremely boring place if everybody thought and did the same things.

I am fully aware of what lengths people went to to gain the vote. I have a history degree and studied all about the suffragettes and English politics.
In my opinion it all needs to be put into context. When women won the vote they were supressed and the omission of their right to vote was one of the ways in which they were repressed. It was also during a time when politics in this country did have a right wing and a left wing - the Whigs were a very different party to the Conservatives - so when you voted you voted for completely different set of principles and policies and it really made a difference who you voted for.

Since I have been alive, every party that has been in power have done nothing to make me feel like I want to vote. We are currently under great financial strain due to a labour party who tax us to the hilt and dont do enough to protect small businesses from many problems which can cause them to go under (too detailed to bore you all with here!) Yet what I know about the Tories fills me with no confidence whatsoever that things would be any better under them.

Just because I choose not to vote doesnt mean im ignorant or dont appreciate what lengths others have gone to in order to get it. I take an interest in politics but find that all it succeeds in doing is make me very angry. It seems that in this day and age the ruling parties come in to power for themselves as opposed to for the people who vote them in and I dont wish to vote for that sort of system or individual.

Thats MY choice and Im lucky enough to live in a democracy where I can CHOOSE NOT to vote if I so wish to. I am apathetic but my apathy is caused by the people who want to be in control of this country. I dont believe strongly enough in any party to want them to be in power. If a leader came along who I believed in then then i would vote.

Yes I would be upset if my right to vote was taken away because that would mean i no longer live in a democracy and the implications of that are ones I dont like because then I wouldnt have the choice.

I dont understand why I should go and mark a box next to a name I really dont believe in? That doesnt make sense to me....

Jade&Evie said:

Come on Jade, that's like that's old chestnut - "I'm not racist, my best friend's black" - can I ask why your FIL and partner/ex-partner are in the BNP if they don't agree with one of their key policies from their constitution:-

"the BNP is "committed to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948.""

Jade&Evie said:

Throwing your toys out of the pram a bit there, aren't you? You've said something quite controversial, and people have had the audacity to disagree? I'm not sure where anyone has been snidey though? All I can see are posters trying to encourage people who have sympathies with BNP policies to research their history a bit further and not just read the headlines.

valentine said:
Jade&Evie said:

Come on Jade, that's like that's old chestnut - "I'm not racist, my best friend's black" - can I ask why your FIL and partner/ex-partner are in the BNP if they don't agree with one of their key policies from their constitution:-

"the BNP is "committed to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948.""

[quote="Jade&Evie":2pdmtbl2]YES I DO! I just feel like on here sometime you have to say the 'right' thing else you get a load of snidey comments thrown at you after.... :?

Throwing your toys out of the pram a bit there, aren't you? You've said something quite controversial, and people have had the audacity to disagree? I'm not sure where anyone has been snidey though? All I can see are posters trying to encourage people who have sympathies with BNP policies to research their history a bit further and not just read the headlines.[/quote:2pdmtbl2]

its not my comments- its any coment that doesnt fit with the majority.

Jon and his dad are racist; and they make no scret of it but the key word in that policy is "overwhelmingly". They would like 90% of people in britain to be white- I'm not going to stnd up for them here and defend their opinions but I think it's naive to think that the BNP dont have people who agree with them. In the last 4 years since the immigration system has got increasingly worse the BP are getting more and more supporters- thats a fact which cant be disputed whether you agree with it or not.

Jade&Evie said:
Jon and his dad are racist; and they make no scret of it but the key word in that policy is "overwhelmingly". They would like 90% of people in britain to be white- I'm not going to stnd up for them here and defend their opinions but I think it's naive to think that the BNP dont have people who agree with them. In the last 4 years since the immigration system has got increasingly worse the BP are getting more and more supporters- thats a fact which cant be disputed whether you agree with it or not.

92.1% of people in the UK ARE white.

:talkhand: Look this why I didnt mention it before. My address is on that lis as Jon lived here when he joined. He doesnt live here anymore and I do NOT support he BNP which is one reason I dont think it's funny that list has been published.

I couldnt care less how many people in this country are white, or how many people are gay. The only thing I care about politics wise at the moment is how we are getting out of the economic crisis we are in so I can afford to pay my bills and feed my daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back