Do you leave your hairdresser a tip?

Bluebell

Reaction score
If so how much? I have had my friend do my hair for years, so going to the hairdressers is new to me... How much do I give them? If I pay by card do I give them the cash separately?

Help I'm clueless of hairdresser etiquette, lol!

I never do and I don't know anyone else that does either.

Not that I go very often, last hair cut was December 2012!

Last edited:
I know this is an older thread but I've never tipped either, nor has my mother

Strange.

I always tip to the next 10, so if it was like 7.50 for example Id pay the ten.

I tip the barber on behalf of Jackson aswell.

Certain delivery drivers/taxis only get a tip if they have been super prompt. If not then you get the price quoted :p

xxx

i go every 6 weeks and never tip x

Jeeeeesus folks you hairdresser or barber more often than not for me shouod always be tipped.

Im usually £8 for my hair and i always just leave the £10.

Im a great believer in tipping people who have to put on an act that they give a crap when they really cant be bothered making conversation....especially when its the same convo over and over again. That takes effort lol.

For me it depends on a few things, depending on who it is but hairdresser is mostly attitude and job of the hair as a whole. Delivery drivers is based on time and again attitude for me, and for taxi drivers same - speed coming, appropriate convo and a decent attitude.

xxx

I was a taxi driver RM. you cant hold our tip to ransome for speed of coming, thats usually well out of our control with the pesky office staff :)

Its just part of, if they were slow coming but still gave nice banter and got me there promptly (depending on traffic then Id tip.

If they took ages, didnt bother speaking to me or was rude, and or took ages/longer route getting to destination then I wouldnt tip.

Mostly it is attitude for taxi drivers aswell, as its more of a face to face service as with hairdressing.

xxxxx

Taxi drivers who dont speak and get lost are as much use as sweeney todd as a hairdresser. I wouldnt tip either of them!

I usually always leave a small tip, usually 2-3 pounds. Depends how much it costs, I usually round it up to the nearest 5 or 10 if possible xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back