do you give a desert after a meal?

hayley

Reaction score
I've just given jacob sweet potato which he'd had many times before - so i know he's fine with it! I wanted to try him on some fruit. Upto now he's only ever had creamed oats (breakfast) and a few different vegatables... Can i give him a small amount of fruit after his veg?

Does anyone else give a desert?
x

I give Olivia veg at dinner time and a desert at tea time!

I chose not to introduce breakfast yet as mornings are sometimes a rush for me with getting Brooke to school!

If i remember right i also did this with Brooke, i started to give her a desert after her meal when she was showing signs of wanting more food and less milk!

If jacob is happy with what he is having now i would carry on with what you are doing now, he will let you know when he wants more!

Hope this helps!

thanks - makes sense! He loves his veg so i think i'll keep to that for now! maybe introduce some fruit at breakfast. He loves egg custard at breakfast. He's taken to food really well. From early on he would watch us eating. He seemed really interested watching us. I decided to start him early instead of waiting till he was 4 months and he loves it...

x

I love Them Nicki, they are best invention ever :D

Even Emily eats them and there is always offers on them

Wow, he's weaning early. How much does Jacob weigh now?

I haven't given any deserts after his veg. I'm following Annabel Karmels book and so far he just has fruit puree at mid morning and veg at lunchtime. The rest of the time he has his milk. I'm taking things slowly with his weaning, I'm just trying to introduce as many different veg as possible and sticking to her suggestions of apple/pear and banana for first taste fruits.

My freezer is well stocked now with frozen cubes of fruit and veg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back