your baby's number 1 meal

newmum

Reaction score
What is your LO's favourite meal ever? (real meal not just banana or single fruit/veg) Need a couple to try out - I have loads of recipes and seen the links on here but want to know if you have one that is a hit! My LO loves this one from xrachx:

Creamed chicken and potato

2 tsp Sweet butter or margarine
1 tsp Unbleached flour
1/4 c Low fat milk
1/4 c Chicken, cooked, boned and-shredded
1/4 Potato, baked and cubed (try using sweet potato!)
1 tbls Grated white cheddar cheese
Melt butter in small heavy pan over low heat.
Stir in flour and blend well and then add milk and stir until smooth.
Cook over low heat until mixture begins to thicken, then add chicken and potatoes. Stir for about 2 to 3 minutes more or until heated through. Feel free to add a few vegetables. Add cheddar and stir until melted.

When Lucy was little one of her faves was Cod mashed potato and cheese (bit like a mini fish pie). I know it sounds so simple but she really did love it.

Cook a piece of cod in the oven while boiling some potatos. Mash potatos and cod (we did the cod by itself so we could double check for bones) then mix it together with a generous portion of grated cheddar cheese.

We would make this up a batch and feeze into little pots. When heating up add a little butter.

Ava loves anything with either butternut squash or sweet potato, it doesn't seem to matter what goes with it, she gobbles it down :)
makes her poop a bit orange tho :puke: x

Maddison loves anything with pasta in it :)

For alice the stronger the flavours the better! she doesn't seem to have one fav meal.

If i load her plate up with fish fingers, home made chips and peas, she will go for the peas first, then the fish, then the chips.

She does like a bowl of bran flakes in the morning though :think: (should i say, she does like MY bowl of bran flakes in the morning! :rotfl: )

Paris's favourite used to be cauliflower cheese :) now it's anything :rotfl:

Lydia loves tomatoes. Especially cherry tomatoes, she's a bit obsessed. If she has a meal with tomatoes she'll leave the rest of the food and just scoff the tomatoes.

Alex is just starting to gain a little interest in food so I don't know what his faves are yet.

Stanley is a rice fiend. He likes minced beef too, so chilli and rice is always a hit :)

He's not quite mastered a fork though, so the grains end up EVERYWHERE! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back