Weaning - how much puree to give?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by Franna75, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Franna75

Franna75 Well-Known Member

I've been giving Tom puree for about three weeks and have tried most types of fruit and veg, also lentils, porridge and a bit of cheese. I don't seem to have reduced his milk (BF).

At the moment he's having 2oz pots three times a day but i find myself giving him extra, so probably up to 3oz each time and he still seems hungry.

(he's having fruit and porridge in morning and fruit, lentils, potato, veg for lunch and dinner)

My question is, how much food should i be giving him? How much do you give your LOs?

2. clairebear22

clairebear22 Well-Known Member

I've never really done it by oz's. I batch cook Jack's food and freeze it in icecube trays then transfer the frozen cubes to freezer bags and get a couple out each day. At Tom's age he was having 2 icecubes for lunch & 2 for dinner. Now he has 3 for lunch plus pudding and 3 for dinner plus pudding. Hope that helps x

3. Amy_J

Amy_J Well-Known Member

Wss^^^

when i first started weaning i started one one icecube at lunch, one at dinner, and gradually increased.... I let hi, be my guide, if he was happily finishing three cubes for example, then i would up to four cubes..and so on xx