Weaning - how much puree to give?

Franna75

Reaction score
I've been giving Tom puree for about three weeks and have tried most types of fruit and veg, also lentils, porridge and a bit of cheese. I don't seem to have reduced his milk (BF).

At the moment he's having 2oz pots three times a day but i find myself giving him extra, so probably up to 3oz each time and he still seems hungry.

(he's having fruit and porridge in morning and fruit, lentils, potato, veg for lunch and dinner)

My question is, how much food should i be giving him? How much do you give your LOs?

I've never really done it by oz's. I batch cook Jack's food and freeze it in icecube trays then transfer the frozen cubes to freezer bags and get a couple out each day. At Tom's age he was having 2 icecubes for lunch & 2 for dinner. Now he has 3 for lunch plus pudding and 3 for dinner plus pudding. Hope that helps x

Wss^^^

when i first started weaning i started one one icecube at lunch, one at dinner, and gradually increased.... I let hi, be my guide, if he was happily finishing three cubes for example, then i would up to four cubes..and so on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back