Do you bite your nails?

violet-glow

Reaction score
I have bitten my nails since I was 3 and have now taught my son whos 3 bad habbits aswell, because he now bites his nails. I obviously tell him it naughty etc. But I cant stop myself from doing it, I do it without noticing.

I have tried that horrid nail varnish stuff that you but on, but I only get used to it and bite it off. I have tried fake nails also, but they dont stay on for long and as soon as there off I start biting them again.

Help!

i bite around my nails. sometimes i do it so much i make my skin so sore i can barely bend my thumb :(

i hate it

yeah i bite my nails, so does my mum. i cannot stop, tried the minging nail varnish but i carried on biting and got used to the taste LOL i cannot stop and neither can my mum, i do it without noticing its soooo annoying lol :wall:

budge said:
i bite around my nails. sometimes i do it so much i make my skin so sore i can barely bend my thumb :(

i hate it

Me too I eat all the skin it's horrid but it's hard to stop! :puke:

I bite my nails and chew round ths skin. Every few months I manage to grow them then 1 will break and that's it i start biting again.

I did manage to grow them when my sis got married and for about 3 years didnt bite them, had manicures etc to try and help. dont do falsies as they ruin your real nails. perservere you can do it!

Yep i bite my nails... have done since i was little...
I remember my dad promising me a horse if i stopped biting them... i stopped once when i was 20 but i didn't get a horse :( :lol:

nic & keeley said:
Yep i bite my nails... have done since i was little...
I remember my dad promising me a horse if i stopped biting them... i stopped once when i was 20 but i didn't get a horse :( :lol:

What a liar.

jools221181 said:
budge said:

i hate it

me too!! :oops:

MissGobby said:
jools221181 said:
budge said:

i hate it

me also :oops:

A friend of mine said to pour lemmon juice all over my fingers to stop me from biting them. Surely that would sting like hell! :?

violet-glow said:
MissGobby said:
jools221181 said:
budge said:

i hate it

me also :oops:

A friend of mine said to pour lemmon juice all over my fingers to stop me from biting them. Surely that would sting like hell! :?

you would think so woudlnt you? :think:

Try hypnotherapy - often nail biting is a sign of something deeper routed than a habit, i.e. you do it when you need comforted or if your worried, stressed etc because I bet if you have a jam packed day, your so busy you don't even think about doing it.

actually funny you should say this because i have bitten my nails all my life,
and after being in hospital for 4 days in pain i wasnt thinking abut them and they started to grow, i left them and 3 weeks later i have nails.
so i think i may have kicked the habit! :)

My husband does, and they look horrible as a result! I think I did for a while as a kid and my Mum threatened to put plasters on every single finger and thumb, changing them when necessary, if I didn't stop. So I stopped.

My nail biting habit is so bad i'm too ashamed to show my hands

I do n i dnt really car ahaha
sometimes i do try 2 grow them and i'll get a bit grown but if one breaks i end up thinkin fuck it and goin for a big nibble

i bite mine to have done all my life so does my mum, the only thing im grateful for is that they are not minging looking as they are not bitten to low.

Yeh im the same i dnt like them nails i see on people where they barly look like they got nails

I do, mine are terrible :oops:

Josh has picked up the habit now but whenever I tell him to stop biting them he says 'But you do so why cant I'. Cant really argue back to that can I lol.

I love putting false nails on, they look so nice compared to mine! If I didnt have fiddly jobs like dressing Ryan and changing his nappy Id probably wear them all the time cos I just cannot let mine grow :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back