Gel Nails

Layla

Reaction score
hi girls

have any of you had these before??

I got some put on for the wedding but now they are driving me mad, im not a long nail person. I have cut and filed them down but the weight of them is bugging me, i just want them off now so my real nails can breathe.

I have tried picking, nail varnish remover and hot water, nothing is shifting them!! lol

I could go back and pay the woman to take them off, but im cheap lol

any ideas??

I have acrylic nails and to get them off you soak them in acetone nail polish remover, I think it's the same with gel nails. Give it a go.

Hiya, ive had gel nails before too and they also drove me mad!!! plus they really damaged my natural nails!

You need to get some Acetone and soak them in it and basically keep scrubbing!!!

I cant remember if you can buy Acetone on its own or whether you will need to buy nail polish remover which has actone in it!!

I remember buying this kit from boots which removes false nails, it came with the actone stuff and a pot to soak your nails in which inside also was like a scrubbing brush!! (hope that makes sence!!!)

try not to pick if possible - it will ruin your natural nails big time.

As the others have said though -Acetone and soak is the bes thing. x

great!!

cheers girls, i will go and buy some Acetone stuff now :D

xx

i worked as a nail technician. It's a long job to soak off any kind of nail but gel are easier than most. You need to get a nail file as well as the acetone.
File the nail surface.
soak your nails in acetone for about 5 mins they should start to go gooey.
wipe the goop off and file some more.
And i'm afraid keep repeating but try not to file to much when your natural nail starts coming through.

Good Luck
Try watching the tv while your doing it won't be so boring then!

Cheers Blackfairykitten,

I will try that tonight :)

It did take me over an hour of soaking before they even staretd to budge!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!

finaly got them off, the tips came off easy but the gel took some work! i brought a gel nail remover kit from boots, soaked them for a while then filed the gel off.

its such a relife to get them off, im NEVER having them again! lol

Cheers for all your help

xxxx

hi

i noticed you already got them off - and that you dont plan to get them again - but for future ref, acetone only disolves acrylic nails - gel needs to be filed off ( best results with a block buffer rather than a regular emery board)

possibly one reason why people go for gels is they can be painted and re painted with nail polish with out going all gooey when using nail varnish remover in between colors like acrylics would

aw, sorry you didnt like them hun, im a mobile nail tech and much prefer gels to acrylics!! if your nails are in bid shape after removal, massage some olive oil in to them ( or almond oil if you have any)

hope this helps!
shamu

i love my nail extentions.... always used to have them but removed them for nursing, got them back until april :D

Cheers shamu

I loved the look of them, they were fab! but i dont like the feel of them, this is going to sound stupid but i feel like i cant breathe when i have them on, they seemed to heavy and hot.

My nails are ok, one or two were a bit sore after i filed them off, but i have been rubbing baby oil in to them.

well even though i have all the stuff to do gel or acrylic i've grown my natural nails back!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back