Do babies engage with 2nd child??

pie&twink

Reaction score
Hi,

I went for an appointment last week, as MW thought LO was Breech, to be told that LO was head down engaged & well into my pelvis (confirmed on scan), just been for an appointment again to check all was still ok & LO is no longer engaged with her head being free (but atleast still head down).

We thought it was all happening last night as I had really painful BH's & very low period pain but woke this morning to find all signs had disappeared :? Been feeling really :puke: too??

My sister in law has just been round & she said that most people don't engage with the 2nd?? Is this correct not heard it before - did any of you ladies not engage & just go into Labour with your 2nd child?

Thanks in advance for replies ladies. x

I read that babies only engage early on with your first baby and they only engage in labour with subsequent pregnancies..not sure if that right it just says that in the boots pregnancy book!

EDIT: just found this too..so guess its true! http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/topic/24433

I was never fully engaged with my second or third baby till labour. I was 4/5 and 3/5 but never any more than that. In fact, I had a midwife appointment the day I went into labour with my middle daughter and I was still only 3/5 at that point, despite having an early contraction during the appointment!

Not sure about the second but my sisters 3rd had been engaged since 28weeks. They told her she'd be early and everyone was guessing she'd give birth before me (i was 2 weeks ahead) but she still went overdue.

My second and third babies didnt engage before birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back