Update on scan

Kim

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just to let you all know that my scan went brilliantly and baby is just fine. It's little heart was beating away, it was so cute.

Wasnt so nice when I fainted having blood taken, but that's a different story lol!!

Thanks to all who supported me through this.

Hi Kim

Brilliant news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must feel huge relief and I'm so happy for you.

Did they give any info on the spotting?

I wish I could have a scan, I am concerned by my lack of symptoms but fingers crossed all is well.

Lucy

Congratulations Kim.

I cant wait to have mine now.

xx

Hi

What they said about the bleeding was really interesting and I think could could save others a lot of worry if they know.

What happens is when the fertilized egg burrows into the lining of the uterus, as a lot of us know, this can cause an implantation bleed. What a lot of people don't know is that if it's really overenthusiastic, it can also cause a bruise in the wall of the uterus. As the embryo grows, it presses on the bruise and releases small amounts of blood from the bruised tissue as it presses up against it.

Makes sense doesn't it!!

Thats good to know thanks for posting that.

Did they say at what stage the implantation should be done?

No but apparantly it depends on the extent of the bruising, if it causes a big clot, the baby could press on it for a while and you could bleed for days. A small one (which I must have had) you just get a show once and then it's gone.

There are other reasons for bleeeding too, some are no need to worry, other times, there may be a problem. Please if anyone has a bleed get checked out and don't just assume you have the same as me cos it may not be (sorry if that sounded bad but I would feel so guilty)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back