discipline - spanking etc.

Kylie1007 said:
When we were older, the worst thing my mum made me do was phone up the person whose house we were supposed to be going to, and explain why we couldn't go!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I Wont Be Smacking.. I Believe You Lose The Childs Respect & Just Gain Fear. In My Personal Opinion I Think It Makes Them Reluctant To Own Up/Admit Later To Things Too. My Mother Smacked Me & I Was a Horrid Child & An Evil Teenager.. Her Disipline Did Nothing To Stop Me Because If You Bring Up a Child With Smacking As Disipline Then Where Does It Leave You When They Are Older? You Cant Smack Them Then, So What Do You Do? Its Too Late To Change Tactics, By Then You've Lost All Authority.

I don't believe in any form of physical punishment for a child........ how can you teach them that it isn't okay to hit others when you do it yourself....

I used to foster children whose parents were heroin addicts ...... most of children had been physically punished on a regular basis ........ and every time they did something 'naughty' when they were with me you could just see the fear in their eyes that they were going to get smacked/beaten again........

Time out, good behaviour charts and lots of love, encouragement and boundary setting work really well.......
it is also important to follow through what you have said you will do.. nothing worse then threatening a punishment and not following through

Fiona said:
I don't believe in any form of physical punishment for a child........ how can you teach them that it isn't okay to hit others when you do it yourself....

Yes you have to set a good example yourself. At school you hear kids name calling and saying things that you know have come entirely from the parents.

Fiona said:
Time out, good behaviour charts and lots of love, encouragement and boundary setting work really well.......
it is also important to follow through what you have said you will do.. nothing worse then threatening a punishment and not following through

Well said Fiona.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's a hard one - I'd like to say that I wouldn't ever smack my child but until your in the situation you just don't know. I was smacked as a child and to be honest I don't believe it had any negative effect on me. I know that if I ever do it will be as a very last resort.

i said no tv but then didnt read the third one down for some reason lol :wall:

i wouldnt starve my child never.

i would maybe tap my childs hand i wouldnt spank or hit them dont think u can these days dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back