Discipline for children??

Dior only understands a few words, she knows what NO means because she crys when i say it to her, she trys to touch the dvd player i tell her no she sits there and crys then she looks back over her sholder and trys it again i tell her NO again then she will do a grunt noise and try again i say no about 5times then when she carries on do iu think it is time to maybe tap her hand point at her and say NO???
or is she to young to understand?

also my brother came round yesterday he is 4 and she was being very selfish with her toys, toys she has never played with then when he played with them she would moan at me and do a fake cry. she is a only child but will have a brother soon i dont want her to be spoilt

Hi Dionne ...

In my personal opinion a mothers form of disapline is her choice and hers alone ...

How ever you choose to disapline your child you must be comfortable with it ... if you don't feel that smacking is something you could do, then don't!

Use methods like the naughty chair/step i found you can use that as early on as 2 sometimes before ....

What you feel comfortable in doing will dertermin your choice of which road to take on this matter ...

Hope it works out for you,

Take care,

Imogen+Bean
xxx

i just dont want to confuse my daughter, she aint even walking yet if i sat her on a naughty step she would just tumble off lol...
i dont no what to do.. i might try a tap on the hand see how she reacts

Dionne,
If dior understands 'no' just wait till you are getting told it every2 mins :lol: :lol:
Do you want to go out NO!
Would you like a drink NO!
Can I get a kiss NO!

he, he. I try to keep a straight face but its so funny

a poem about discipline

The Clasp

She was four, he was one, it was raining, we had colds,
we had been in the apartment two weeks straight,
I grabbed her to keep her from shoving him over on his
face, again, and when I had her wrist
in my grasp I compressed it, fiercely, for a couple
of seconds, to make an impression on her,
to hurt her, our beloved firstborn, I even almost
savored the stinging sensation of the squeezing,
the expression, into her, of my anger,
"Never, never, again," the righteous
chant accompanying the clasp. It happened very
fast-grab, crush, crush,
crush, release-and at the first extra
force, she swung her head, as if checking
who this was, and looked at me,
and saw me-yes, this was her mom,
her mom was doing this. Her dark,
deeply open eyes took me
in, she knew me, in the shock of the moment
she learned me. This was her mother, one of the
two whom she most loved, the two
who loved her most, near the source of love
was this.

Sharon Olds

My mum hardley ever smacked she didnt need to, she had a scary face when she was angry and used to come down to our level and talk ( not nicely tho :lol: ) not shout and that pretty much did it for me.

I am going to do the same I don't actualy think smacking works, all they think about is how much it hurt and not what they did wrong, children need time to reflect on what they done to understand that what they did was out of order. Otherwise they never learn and do it again.

When you smack you loose control and I was only smacked when my mum lost control and that was very rare.

These are my beliefs and it worked for me, im a respectable person and so shall my children be :D

ive smacked all my children as and when they have needed it. I very rearely have to though as i have a face that says it all and they know when they've pushed me.
Childen need discipline but it has to be balanced out with love and praise.

spare the rod and spoil the child

budge said:
ive smacked all my children as and when they have needed it. I very rearely have to though as i have a face that says it all and they know when they've pushed me.
Childen need discipline but it has to be balanced out with love and praise.

spare the rod and spoil the child

Sounds like my mum, I hated the scary face :shock: but it works :D

i love my scary fae. it scares hubby too which is a bonus :rotfl:

:rotfl: Ive been practicing with my OH, lol he woke me up by banging the door, he came in and he said I looked like I was going to cut him up into little pieces ( I didnt have to say a word :lol: ), he didnt do it again :lol:

Tasha20 said:
:rotfl: Ive been practicing with my OH, lol he woke me up by banging the door, he came in and he said I looked like I was going to cut him up into little pieces ( I didnt have to say a word :lol: ), he didnt do it again :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: funny

my three kids are smacked on the hand or bum but,only after i have warned them again and again and again.chloe is 7 and getting to the gobby stage and i dont smack her no more,i only have to threaten her and shes doing what shes told by the time ive counted to 5,harry is awkward to deal with due to behaviour problems,i smack his hand as i have to tell him over and over and over again and nothing i say to him works,it doesnt bother him goig in the corner or sitiing on a naughty step and the amount of times he has stuff taken off him is unbelievable,lily however is a lil bugger she will constantly climb over the stair gate at bottom of stairs no matter how many times i tell her,i tell her off and she will laugh and start acting the clown to try and stop me telling her off.if i sit her on the stairs she loves it and well i'll be glad when she gets out of these terrible two's i smack her bum but she is padded with a nappy and she will then come to me after and kiss me and apologise.

i was smacked with a cane which i would never use on my kids,if my stepfather never had the cane to hand he would use his shoe or slipper,he stopped using instruments when i started laughing at him,and instead would do things like slamming me against my wardrobes so they broke,so there are different levels compared to what i went through my kids have it easy,they will cry for 2 mins hardly ever that,with my sf i was crying for hours

loulou1980 said:
i was smacked with a cane which i would never use on my kids,if my stepfather never had the cane to hand he would use his shoe or slipper,he stopped using instruments when i started laughing at him,and instead would do things like slamming me against my wardrobes so they broke,so there are different levels compared to what i went through my kids have it easy,they will cry for 2 mins hardly ever that,with my sf i was crying for hours

Sounds very similar to my Fathers childhood, not very nice :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back