Discharged from hospital the day after c section?

Hmm, think 12 days is long. I don't mind staying a few days providing they are both ok :)

Yes, tambo, they will share their birthday :dance: it's quite comforting knowing someone else will be going through the same thing, in the same day.

Cosmicgirl, do you think it was because of twins or was there another reason for your long stay; if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
I think it was because they had some jaundice, they had some blood sugar blips and because one was born vaginally and one was a crash section under GA so I had some recovering to do. Mixture of everything I'd say x

Blimey cosmic. You did need to recover! Makes sense.

I had a section last tues. This was my first baby and i was discharged weds eve 24hrs after. I wasnt ready but they cant wait to get rid of you x

I had a crash emergency CS after an unsuccessful vaginal birth - and they were ready to discharge me as soon as my catheter was removed - approx. 18 hours after the delivery. The only reason I was kept in a further night was because LO had some ventouse injuries to his head. I would have much preferred to be at home though, as the ward was SO damned noisy, hot - with the lights permanently on - and I ended up getting no sleep whatsoever both nights...felt dreadful :-( xx

My OB told me the same!! That my planned csection will be a Monday morning and I'd be out by the following morning... My last was an emergency csection and I was there for 3 days... Not very comfortable with them just kicking me out the door! Especially after seeing how many are surprised by the limited time frame!

I had an emergency section with my youngest and I was begging to go home! I lots loads of blood and they wanted to keep an eye on me but I demanded to go home. I stayed for 2 days but by the second day I was about to walk out! I was left with no pain relief, food or water. The ward was over capacity and they were short staffed. The staff were lovely but just over worked. I was struggling to beast feed and they just didn't have the time to help so I expressed and they said they would feed her with a cup but I ended up bottle feeding because they didn't have time to feed her or to teach me how to cup feed!

I have been booked to go back to the same hospital but I am nervous and would like to change!

Last edited:
I had emcs at 0400 and was due to go home at 1600 but unfortunately had a set back due to herniated discs from labouring on my back and ended up staying in for 2 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back