directing all my anger towards one person!

.Ruth.

Reaction score
Is anyone else doing this?

I seem to be getting little digs in ALL the time about my boyfriends mum.

She's a lovely woman but getting very obsessed with 'her boy' , my baby.

Shes buying wayyyy too much and also things for his room when we have already got everything and decorated etc. - a flowery heart mirror... not very 'little boys room'

everytime she speaks to my boyfriend there's something else she's bought... the latest - a birth cert holder.

I constantly think of the things she's said to me and done...

'I've bought you some towels because you won't think about buying things like that will you'

'I just knew you were having a boy because of the weight gain, its everywhere on you'

loads of small things but just prey on my mind!

I keep off loading onto my boyfriend which is getting him stressed out and he has lost his rag with me and her tbh. She's cried a few times which just annoys me more :whistle:

I don't even know if she's as bad as I think she is, or I've been over thinking things so much it's in my head!!

I have run through scenarios in my head of things I will say to her if she pisses me off etc... am I crazy??

think I needed to get that off my chest haha
xxx

No offence but what are you going to do with the mirror? Lol :D

As for this comment ('I just knew you were having a boy because of the weight gain, its everywhere on you') Id have gone flipping mental! People constantly say to me, your all bump and its all upfront.. you can defo tell its a boy! So if somebody ended up saying this to me id be livid! I don't see why a girl or a boy make any difference in weight gain to be honest! I am eating lots of cake and muffins and chocolate atm - so surely that would sort of contribute to my weight? But nobody has the right to comment upon it lol. <-----RANT!?

Feel for your OH though as i guess he feels a bit in the middle. I'm the same, i cant help but dig at some of his family - but i dont even have much reason to. I am just being a bitch :s
Not sure why, but if i don't like a comment that his mum or sister will say etc.. I'll pick at it and bring it up in a bitchy way with poor Scott lol xx

the mirror is in our en suite! she kept on saying on how babies love their reflection as if she came up with the idea! then keeps pointing out things with mirrors on that are for babies 'look I was right!'

I tried to just ignore the weight one! people have said a whole load of different things to me... put it down to morons not being able to keep their gobs shut! ha...

I do feel sorry for him, but have told him if she pisses me off again I will not be happy if he sides with her or tries to defend her haha... poor guy!

My bfs mum is a nightmaire they dig and dig !! I get told I'm not very good at cleaning and that I'm buying to much I'm going to treat this baby like a doll .. Erm I've had a baby before its defo not doll !! Before I was pregnant she told me if I didn't lose weight my oh would leave me (put on 2stone since meeting) she nags us to go see his nan every other weekend who lives an hour away like we don't have a life .. Now we've bought a house we've gota go pick up his nan bring her here n take her back n they said she will bring her dog .. Ermm my house I don't have a dog so y would I want one in my house !!! She wanted to buy the pushchair even tho they said it was to much money and have now decided she isn't picking it up from the shop till she's seen the baby here safe :s mother in laws are crazy lady's !!! Sorry for the rant

My mother in law doesn't even bother wit me which I'm pretty shocked at as its her first grandchild I haven't seen her since Mother's Day nor spoken to her she never texts me to ask how I am I usually get on well with her but she hasn't even bought anything for the baby yet which I find strange she can be a bit weird at times my dh family don't really show much emotion or affection my family are the complete opposite!
I am so surprised as all I've heard for the past few years is gonna hurry up an make me a granny an now she couldn't care less!
Hopefully ur boyfriends mum will calm down eventually she just sounds like she's getting carried away wit herself x

Aww hugs. My mil is wonderful and kind....but she drives me nuts too. She has spoken to me daily this week be it in person on phone txt or email re a changing table and wardrobe she wants to buy us for nursery I have told her daily I want to wiait as hubby is on holiday till sat and I want him and I to pick it together for our baby I have finally given up replying and her last email said yes I too would want to wait and it's important it's right for you so please don't feel pressured but do let me know what you decide re buying it for you. I knoe it's all meant kindly but I ended up ranting to my family about it and saying it's MY Baby. And I will be getting what I want like a petulant child. In end I laughed with my rents about it and just replied again saying yes I will wait for hubby we will discuss and get back to you. I'd run out of polite ways to say no really x

My mother in law doesn't even bother wit me which I'm pretty shocked at as its her first grandchild I haven't seen her since Mother's Day nor spoken to her she never texts me to ask how I am I usually get on well with her but she hasn't even bought anything for the baby yet which I find strange she can be a bit weird at times my dh family don't really show much emotion or affection my family are the complete opposite!
I am so surprised as all I've heard for the past few years is gonna hurry up an make me a granny an now she couldn't care less!
Hopefully ur boyfriends mum will calm down eventually she just sounds like she's getting carried away wit herself x

OMG i cood hav written this...this is my situation with MIL exactly...shes not once asked about me or tge baby...infact she takes any opportunuty to gav digs at me but only wen my hubby isnt in earshot...iv got my baby shower nxt weekend and i dont want her there but tge grief il get wont b worth it so il hav to invite her. She hasnt mentioned/offered anythin for tge babyan i doubt she will.
Like u tho i cant undeestand it as my family totally opposife!

We r such a cliche arent we lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back