dinner help needed.

Krystal

Reaction score
Gah help please !

I am sick of eating the same foods. I make a cracking sunday roast but i'm afraid that is where my talents in the kitchen end :roll:

We currently rotate, Jacket potatoes with quiche and salad, Pies (frozen or ready made) with veg and new potatoes, or chips with something like scampi. Lasagna and garlic bread and spag bol, chillie and sweet & sour chicken. We seem to have got stuck in a rut of eating the same things.

I want suggestions for other things I can make. Nothing too technical please :lol: Just to give me something to work on. I have just ordered my shopping and am unimpressed lol

ermmmm...

How about casseroles, chicken or steak/beef?

Very easy to cook... brown the meat chuck in the veg, some stock, tinned tomatoes, some herbs and bung in the oven on a low temp and forget about it for a couple of hours.

Macaroni Cheese??

Nice homemade soup with fresh crusty loaf??

Chicken breasts stuffed with something of your choice wrapped in bacon (I either do with cheese or some sundried tomatoes)???

thats the thing, were not overly keen on stews/casseroles otherwise they'd be perfect. I thought about getting one of those slow cookers and trying to make them cos i suppose i can add my own bits and make it so we like it.

don't like macoroni cheese :lol:

i'm fussy. I love potatoes though

thanks hun :hug:

:doh: :think:

Do you like creamy sauces??? You could do a potato graten type thing but put chunks of gamon or chicken through it??

What about fish cakes, mash some potatoes flake in some fish, dip in egg then breadcrumbs. My Mum used to also do the same sort of thing with mashed potato with bits of cooked chicken and grated cheese, then egg and breadcrumb... yummm!

don't really like creamy sauces no, :lol: those fishcakes sound yummy though sarah - gonna give them a try I think :D

curry? just jar stuff if you dont have time to make from scratch
stir fry?
fish and potatoes with veg?
baked spuds with chilli

there are so many ideas. i know what you mean though i just usually buy the same stuff each week

Pork Chops?
Steak?
Fish Pie
Burgers - Beef & Onion, Lamb & Mint, Pork & Apple
Lamb of some sort
Chilli
Soups

Have a look at the BBC site. It has a list on the right hand side where you can pick your ingrediant and it gives suggestions :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/

Thanks girls! I'm writing all these ideas down for my next weeks shop. Trying to plan our meals for 7 days and gonna try some different things :hug:

Steak mash and salad!! thats what Im having for dinner tonight :)

I think loads of people get into the habit of doing the same dinners. I try and write a list once a month to eat new things :) Ive also been having Jacket Spuds with Chicken Tikka and a side salad thats nice.

mmmm jacket with chicken tikka sounds lush! I quite fancy that actually. might make it tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back