What do you eat?

Lou

Reaction score
Hi

Just done the weekly tesco online shopping and was a bit lost for ideas so I thought where better to come for help than you guys. Isaac is veggie like us and I want to include more variety into his diet. We DO eat fish, not strictly veggie I know but this is mostly what we eat substituting the meat with quorn...

Cottage pie and veg. Spag bol. Fish chips and peas. Sausage mash and veg. Pizza and garlic bread. Fish cakes new potatoes and salad. Sandwiches and soup. Pies with roast potatoes and veg. Chilli and rice. Stir fry. Pasta and sauce with onion rings and garlic mushrooms...

You get the idea. For afters he usually has fresh fruit or yogurt and sometimes cookies or cake. Is this what you tend to eat and share with your kids? I bought some split green lentils this week and some brown rice. God knows what I'm gonna do with them lol???

All replies appreciated as always! :)

Lou x

wot we had tonite Brayds absolutly loved
we had cold ham (no u cant have it ) with salad a few chips and mozzerella and tomato panini

Hi Sarah (& Braydon) :D

Thanks for your reply! Seem's I am not regular enough to warrant any replies anymore :( I just don't find the time to get online now I have Isaac. I always come to the forum when I am online but I usually only get time to read threads and not time to post on them! I still love the forum though, its like an online diary for me from when I was TTC.

Anyway :roll:

I tried Isaac with some savoury rice as his latest new thing and he loved it, watching him use his spoon is painful though but you've got to let them do it themselves haven't you.

Glad you and Braydon are well.

Speak soon

Lou & Isaac x

Hi Lou,

I think it's just that this board is quite quiet as we're all off running after our 1-5 year olds!!

It sounds like you're doing fabulously with feeding him. Mel used to eat everything I gave him but once he hit 1 he turned into the fussiest boy in the world! He basically only eats finger food- won't touch anything approaching a normal meal even when we're eating it right next to him! He eats cheese, humous, peanut butter, cashew nuts, mixed seeds, biscuits of the baby variety, oat cakes, rice cakes, bread, kiwi, sometimes banana, apple, pear , yogurt, rasins, those oaty bars that organix do for kids and not much else! I am a veggie but gave him meat every day when he was first weaning- now he won't touch it and everyone thinks it's me raising him veggie! My OH eats meat so he sees him eating that and can even name it but he won't try new stuff either and acts like you've just done something incredibly insulting if you even put it on the plate! Arrgh!

Actually I have calmed down a lot about what he's eating as I kept a diary over a week and it's fairly balanced and he looks healthy enough and happy. I don't want to have fights over it as he's so stubborn it would become a big issue.

It sounds like you're nicely sorted in the food department :D Don't worry! :D :clap: :clap:

+++

oh dont think that hun cause u warrant a reply

have u done stuff like macaroni chesse with vegie sausages etC?

have you tried cous cous, ella loved that at his age

Thanks girls.

No I havent tried cous cous yet, I wouldnt know where to start with it! Isaac does eat veggie sausages, its one of his favourite dinners sausage mash and veg. He loves carrots and leeks. Its nice to hear reassurance that I seem to be doing ok. I always worry theres something he should be having that he isn't. His lastest favourite is jacket potato with tuna mayonaisse. Its mums favourite too (I'm on a diet) :wink:

Lou

hey Lou :wave:

I tend to use "General Discussion" or something cos not many people tend to look in this bit, it's not you that we are not replying too, it's the section doesn't get used that much!

I love a good casserole, they are so easy to make and there are loads of options, like with a creamy sauce or a tomato based sauce etc.

Thanks for that. I'll check them links out when I get a minute. Me & Isaac are going on a picnic tomorrow with playgroup so I'll have a nosey at what the other kids are eating :wink:

I tell you what Isaac really loves which some of you might like to try with your bubs if you haven't already, pasta (Isaac likes penne quills) with dolmo stir in sauce. Its so quick and easy and we all love it for dinner or lunch with garlic bread and a side salad.

Lou :D

lou said:
Thanks for that. I'll check them links out when I get a minute. Me & Isaac are going on a picnic tomorrow with playgroup so I'll have a nosey at what the other kids are eating :wink:

I tell you what Isaac really loves which some of you might like to try with your bubs if you haven't already, pasta (Isaac likes penne quills) with dolmo stir in sauce. Its so quick and easy and we all love it for dinner or lunch with garlic bread and a side salad.

Lou :D

I bought Jake some Annabel Karmel pasta today as they are really tiny shells so he can't choke on them. I have also ordered one of her books so I will have to have a go at making my own pasta sauce. I was also thinking about mixing pesto with it or like you said a ready made pasta sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back