Dilemma....help ladies

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Ok.....this is the problem....

I am currently about 2 days past ov....reckon i actually ov'd on Thursday morning cos I had positive OPK on wednesday night and then negative on thursday morning....

We BD'd wednesday night and then again last night....so timing wise, not bad. Didn't get to BD on run up to OV cos my OH was away......so not too sure if we will have timed it ok....what does everyone think?

It;s only my 2nd month after coming off pill, so still think it might be a bit early to have any chance...

anyway...i have a night out tonight with a lot of friends i have not seen in a long time. and it's about 6 months since i had a drink with them all.....i'm wanting to have a couple...not get paraletic by any means, but just a couple of glasses of wine with my meal........but my conscious is pricking me....ahhhh.....dunno what to do :(

My friend reminds me with all 4 of her babies, she didnt know she was pregnant til she did the tests and quite often would have had alcohol early on....still dunno what to do though.....

even worse, i have my works x mas do on Friday...but i will worry about that next week.......ha ha..!!! xxxx :wall2:

I would go for it Samgirl, but just not go over board. Lots of women conceive on drunken nights out and don't even know. I'm not sure everyone will agree with me, but I don't think you can put everything on hold as ttc can take time. hope you have a fab night :) xx

I would go for it Samgirl, but just not go over board. Lots of women conceive on drunken nights out and don't even know. I'm not sure everyone will agree with me, but I don't think you can put everything on hold as ttc can take time. hope you have a fab night :) xx

Thanks.......I think you're right too.... :) xx of course i would never drink if i knew i was pregnant x

I agree with LauraAnne. I don't think there's anything wrong with one or two? x

I agree with LauraAnne. I don't think there's anything wrong with one or two? x

yeah, thats all it would be....just some wine with the meal...not like i will be doing shots and cocktails...he he...cant afford it anyway with all this saving for babies..he he xx

I'm off out tonight too Hun, not even sure whether I've OV'd yet or not but I'm gonna have a couple anyway but just be sensible.

I'm sure you will be fine xx

i agree with everyone else i think u should go and have some fun,
my best friend came off the pill the next month she was pregnant so i think the pill will effect ppl differently when coming off it so u still could be pregnant this early after coming off it xx :)

I was just at conference and had 2 glasses each night (2 nights) but the last night was gala dinner and I had 2 red wines, 2 champagnes and 1 vodka eek!!

On another note though - when I fell pregnant with son (5 years ago) I was on holiday (drinking), got married (drinking), honeymoon (drinking) fell pregnant (drinking), had xmas (drinking) and got BFP new years eve (wayhey - no drink that night!!) and had only come off pill for 2 weeks after 18 long years !!! There's hope for you gal!!

Obviosuly if I knew I was pregnant I would not drink alcohol to that extreme - even when I was pregnant I did have the very very occassional glass of red - maybe 3 glasses entire pregnancy (ahem after I foind out of course) most people actually go "off" wine anyway when pregnant - the smell and tastle makes you boak!!

I was just at conference and had 2 glasses each night (2 nights) but the last night was gala dinner and I had 2 red wines, 2 champagnes and 1 vodka eek!!

On another note though - when I fell pregnant with son (5 years ago) I was on holiday (drinking), got married (drinking), honeymoon (drinking) fell pregnant (drinking), had xmas (drinking) and got BFP new years eve (wayhey - no drink that night!!) and had only come off pill for 2 weeks after 18 long years !!! There's hope for you gal!!

Obviosuly if I knew I was pregnant I would not drink alcohol to that extreme - even when I was pregnant I did have the very very occassional glass of red - maybe 3 glasses entire pregnancy (ahem after I foind out of course) most people actually go "off" wine anyway when pregnant - the smell and tastle makes you boak!!

yeah i was on the pill 18 years......came off in september, but i think this month has been my first proper cycle of ttc....cos i know i ovulated and we managed to BD around ovulation, so we shall see....but we didn't manage to BD up to ov cos OH was away......so thats why im not convinced that i will be this month....maybe i will have a december conception..he he

I feel extra Christmassy this year.....dunno why...maybe cos of all the baby stuff going on....

xx

I dont think it would harm as implantation wouldnt of happend yet and i think you have a good chance BDing closer to OV is better anyways, good luck xxx

It could happen for you this month - you did still BD at good time.....I loved getting my BFP on New Year's Eve. It was sooo funny - I went to the shop on way to a party and in my basket I had a crate of beer and as an afterthought I put in a test thinking better do one before the other - never expected my BFP so damn quickly! The only symptom I can remember was being late for AF but put that down to coming off pill.... Urgh I remember now at the party later that night my friend was drunk and talking to me really close and she was smoking in my face and breathing on my - I totally thought I'd hurl right there and then lol

Oh and that test I did was my first EVER pregnancy test I'd done in my life!! Why is it I spend 18 years hoping not to fall pregnant and then now I'm looking for the BFP ?? Wow how life changes eh?

yeah it's crackers isnt it....

so u think i BD'd at right time Shauna...? ov'd day 13 i reckon.......and BD'd day 12 and day 14......xxx

well i'm all dolled up and ready to go out.......OH is looking at me strangely.....i'm thinking i may be pounced on when i get home. think it's the boots that;s doing it..ha ha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back