Did you have bleeding in early pregnancy?

First time mum

Reaction score
Hi Mums

I wondered if I could draw on your expereinces of early pregnancy.

I am 12 weeks today and in this last week I have bled twice 5 days apart, the first bleed was what I would call more spotting like but the second yesterday frightened me as it was heavier and very red.

I just wondered if you had experiences of this and how your pregnancies progressed?

Many thanks xx

i had spotting at 7 and 10 weeks.

healthy baby boy born last month.

Cal your midwife or GP (if you dn't have m/w yet) for the heavier bleeding.

Sandi

Hi
I had spotting around 10 weeks, i phoned the local birthing centre just incase as it was my first child i didnt know if it was normal. They sent me for a scan (which is routine) and everything was fine. id phone as sandi said your midwife or gp. You should be due for your 12 week scan now anyway.

Hope this has helped.xx

I had spotting at seven weks too and now have a very healthy 10 month old!

However you should go and get it checked out. I did and they were really nice at the hospital and very understanding and didn't treat me like a neurotic mum to be.

I went straight to A and E but during the day you could call your GP or Early Preg Unit.

It is so hard but try not to panic :hug: :hug: :hug:

hi hun i had a massive bleed at 12 weeks they thought i was miscarrying but i wasnt she was fine, just best to get checked out xxx

I had a brown discharge at 7 weeks and a light bleed at 8 weeks. I had a scan both times and they couldn't find any reason for the bleeding. I had another slight red discharge at 37 weeks and again there was no reason found. Everything turned out fine although I do remember the hight level of worry it caused us.

With any bleeding in pregnancy, you should get it checked out but your MW or EPU. xxx

First time mum said:
Hi Mums

I wondered if I could draw on your expereinces of early pregnancy.

I am 12 weeks today and in this last week I have bled twice 5 days apart, the first bleed was what I would call more spotting like but the second yesterday frightened me as it was heavier and very red.

I just wondered if you had experiences of this and how your pregnancies progressed?

Many thanks xx

I had bleeding at 8 weeks but it was browny red and was never an issue. I was referred immediately to the EPU for a scan where there was a heartbeat and I felt reassured. If you are concerned get in touch with your GP ASAP they will probably send you for a reassurance scan.

Worrying doesn't achieve anything so assume it's OK unless you find out otherwise :hug:

i had bleeding pretty bad at 7 weeks and it lasted on and off for about 4 weeks

I had bleeding at 6 weeks after sex but it was just irritation of the cervix.

Bleeding can be quite common but best to get it checked out xxx

I had a heavy bleed at 11 weeks. Went to A&E and they took me straight up on to the ward. Had an internal and had to stay in over night to have a scan the following day but everything turned out fine. Didn't have anymore bleeds and DD was born & haven't looked back!

i had spotting at 10 weeks and then again 4 days later and all seems to be fine now

:hug:
hope everything is okay.
I had bleeding early on in pregnancy, 12-16 weeks i had big bleeds. it was horrible that feeling i really feel for you hun.
i woke up in the middle of 1 night to find my pyjama bottoms and sheet soaked in a sort of watered down blood, and went to the emergency gynea unit at my hospital, they did an internal (speculum... think thats what they called it) and couldnt see where it was coming from so i was booked in for an emergency scan 2 days later they was the longest days of my life. even at the scan they couldnt determine the cause. baby was fine and waters was intact. it was amazing to see my little girl happily rolling round (couldnt feel her at that point so that added to my worry as i had no idea how she was in the time between the bleed and the scan).
it happened a few times and as before they couldnt determine the cause.
if you havent already id ring your hospital and they can advise you of where you need to go/who you need to see.
hope everything is okay :hug:

I had bleeding at 19 weeks. I know that isn't early pregnancy but doctors couldn't find out why I was bleeding. Everything was normal except for Aimee being on the small side throughout the rest of the pregnancy. Her growth sped up in the 13 days I was overdue and she went from being an estimated 6lbs to 8lbs 5oz!

I know some bleeding in early pregnancy is alright but if you are concerned at all phone your midwife or hospital for advice.

I bled almost constantly for 14 weeks. At 7 weeks I had a "GUSH" of bright red blood that soaked through trouser and was just pouring out of me. Went for a scan and was fine but had to take it easy for a few weeks in case ot happened again. You need to get any bleeding checked.

Thank you so much for your replies, they have given me some comfort.
I have to go the EPU at the hospital at 2pm today to see if baby is still okay and to have an internal exploratory thingey to see if they can see why I am bleeding.
You have given me hope and made me feel more positive - thank you :hug: :hug:

Hi First time mum,

Hope it's all ok for you. With both my pregnancies I have had bleeding. Initially with this pregnancy before I knew I was pregnant I thought i had started my period as i had a heavy bleed with fresh blood and clots, found out the following day I was pregnant. With each pregnancy I have had spotting at around 6 to 8 weeks and I have been lucky and all has been well.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Take care x

Hi Girls

Just thought I'd give you an update on my exploratory thingey I had today for my bleeding.

It's a polyp!!!!! just below my cervix!!!!!

So relieved that there is an explanation for the bleeding and if I have further bleeding I can manage it so much better from knowing what it is!!! :pray: :pray:

Thanks so much for your replies, has anyone else had one of these? if so what did they do? How did the pregnancy go?

xxx

aww, glad u feel reassured now u kno what it is. im sorry i cant help i never had any bleeding at all. im sure the docs/nurses wouldve said something if it were cause for concern, so try not worry. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back