Bleeding in 1st Trimester

newdawnfades

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you are all well, I'm fairly new to the forum but I hope people could offer their thoughts/experiences on the subject above. My wife is coming up to her 8th week and yesterday experienced a slight bit of bleeding (nothing major, just a small blob really). She has miscarried before so we're obviously concerned but I just wondered how common bleeding in pregnancy is? She had no other symptoms (i.e. cramping or pains) and has not bled since.

Are things like this fairly common in pregnancy? Any advice / thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Just to let you know that i had a bleed at 7 weeks, no pain, no notice and nothing else and things are fine with us. There have been quite alot of people that have gone through and still go through this on a regular basis. I would also say that with it being at 8 weeks this would be around the time of a normal period. Try not to worry (easier said than done) and hope that the bleeding has all gone away for you now.
Take Care :hug:

Small amount of bleeding or spotting is pretty common. Far more than women realise. But of course that doesn't makes it any less scary. But usually if there has been nothing more and no severe pain or cramps I'd not worry overly. Many small bleeds are simply unexplained and some women have them more than others. I have a friend who bled on and off through all 4 of her pregnancies and all her babies came into the world safely.

FWIW I had some in first tri and things were fine. My GP told me if I had more bleeding that was heavier and cramping with it to call back and they would see me and get me a scan at the EPU within a day or two. Had no more bleeding/spotting so never worried and all was well.

Also having had a previous MC does not mean that another will happen. Of course if your wife would like to see her GP or MW tomorrow then she should give them a call and pop along, but if its been a couple of days by then with no further signs I'd like to think she can relax and not worry about it.

i had a small bleed at almost 7 weeks and in a panic I went to the docs who sent me for a scan. The MW's at the EPAU were brilliant and really reassured me that bleeding in early pregnancy is quite normal and probably more common than we think. They explained that some womed just have a small bleed that lasts only a day and is very light whereas others have quite heavy bleeding that can last the entirity of thier pregnancies.

If you're at all worried you should contact your GP or MW if you have one who will be able to reassure you.

They did say that if the bleeding isn't heavy and not accompanied with any pain then it's unlikely to be anything to worry about but if it's gets heavy with any clots and with stomach pains then to contact my GP straight away who could get me in for another scan.

Luckily I had my scan and everything was fine and the bleeding stopped a day or so later

Hope she's back to normal soon

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back