Did the sweep work for you??

Discussion in 'Labour & Birth' started by eminasya, Mar 24, 2016.

1. eminasya

eminasya Well-Known Member

This is my 2nd baby. I had a sweep yesterday at 3pm. I was 39+4. The cervix was 2cm dilated and well ( but not completely ) effaced.
    I had no discharge or blood right after the sweep but had sex that night and got some pinkish discharge right after. I had some bad BH at night but they stopped in the morning ( I usually have BH at night anyway ).
    Today I've been having TONS fo guey brown mucus. Occasional BH that are not bad at all and some sharp pains very low when the baby's moving.
    Do you think something's happening or can it still be days or weeks away??

Cheers

xxx

2. lalaroo

lalaroo Well-Known Member

I had my DD the day after my sweep, I had a lot of brown mucus too. I had the sweep at 2pm and woke up with contractions at 4am then next morning, she was born at 9pm that night. Labour could still be a few days away but hopefully the sweep helped and your baby is on their way :) good luck xx

3. Cookie24

Cookie24 Well-Known Member

Hey it just depends, with my first and second pregnancy I had the sweep and still went 2weeks overdue with both

I guess it depends if baby wants to come out lol, I hope it does work for you, I didn't like being induced X

4. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

I was 41 weeks when I had my sweep with my last pregnancy, the Mw classed it as unsuccessful as she could barely reach my cervix and only managed to pull it down slightly but I went into labour the next day x

5. Aes1990

Aes1990 Well-Known Member

I had one at 40 + 5 weeks and another at 41+ 3 with my first and the second one teamed with the longest walk ever got things moving and I had her the day I was supposed to have been induced!

6. eminasya

eminasya Well-Known Member

Well I'm still here:/

Not much is happening apart from me losing the plug all the time but it's not brown any more.
    I've lost so much already that I wonder how there can be any left to lose...

#6 eminasya, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  7. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I had 2 sweeps to no avail.

I do think it helped my induction though. I had a fab labour. My waters went themself and I didnt need the drip.

xxxx

8. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

I had 3 sweeps.

1st done at 40wks. Nothing.

2nd was done at 40+5, by mw & a student so a doubler finger bash lol! - led to irregular contractions n lots of bloody show thinking i was in labour just to be sent home as even though i was 2-3cm the contractions completely stopped.

3rd was done 41+3 - i was already having contractions a few hrs before seeing my midwife, she got up there lol, and could already feel the tightenings as she tried to do the sweep. Got home and within an hour they were full blown contractions. He was born early evening that day.
    I think my last one helped my contractions pick up. But I was already in labour so it defo didnt 'bring it on' .. Xx

#8 babyslog, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  9. mumsy4

mumsy4 Well-Known Member

I had one at 39 and nothing ;( got another tomorrow but not feeling very positive. Think my body is a big stubborn when it comes to going into labour, doesn't seem to want to let go !

10. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Had my sweep on Friday afternoon, contractions started Saturday night son born Sunday afternoon so I think it worked for me