did your sweep work? Another question added

jolene

Reaction score
i just wondered how many people have had a sweep and what their experience was. i.ve got one tomorrow so was wondering how succesful they are and what to expect.

well had my sweep this morning. Went really well. Midwife said that cervix is effaced and 3-4cm dilated. Been loosing blood coloured stuff since 10am and occassional pains in my back. Is this normal or a sign of good things to come??

its another one of those 'depends how ready your body is' things, i had one monday and im still here :?

I had 2 - on on the Monday morning and one on the Wednesday morning - Baillie was born on Friday morning at T+11 so ?????? if It was just my time or if it was sweep. I have no idea.

Kim x x x x

Nope did nothing for me except for make me bleed and have false contractions and I was supposedly 3 cm dialated when he did it:roll: I was induced 9 days later

i had two, and they didnt work. one at my GP's a week before my induction date, and one at the hospital the day before my induction, when my waters broke. my body was useless at having babies though! haha.

I was offered one for this week before my induction on Tuesday but i said i'd rather not - it seem that it doesn't work for too many people and i'd rather not have that discomfort for no reason

I basically had to beg the MW on the triage Maternity Unit to give me a sweep after 2 nights of no sleep and slow labour! :wall: She did, and said that my cervix was thinning out and that she thought I was 2cm dliated - my waters broke and I went into labour that very same day!

updated and added a little more to my question.

I had a sweep at 37+6 and went in to labour at 38 weeks. I was 1-2cms at the time of the sweep and lost some mucus plug afterwards. Brown/blood coloured stuff is a good sign..could be your bloody show, maybe?? I had mine just after my contractions started. Good luck :hug:

I went into labour the next day :)
I had my sweep on the Friday lost my plug on the Sat and had Jaeda on the Sunday.
I started getting irregular pain on the Fri night which went by the morning.
Thn lost my plug as said and started to get irregular contraction again.
I called the hospital and got in about 10? where I was already 3 cm dialated :cheer:
She done an internal which made me start to blled and the contractions became regular.

Sounds like you could well go into labour soon :cheer: :cheer:

GOOD LUCK HUN

3-4cm is excellent! Isn't 4cm supposed to be established labour?! Most people are about that when they get to hospital with contractions lol.

Good luck!!! xx

Mine definately worked.... had it done at 2pm by 2.30pm I was in the hosp with contractions 5 mins apart and 4 cm dilated!!! George was born 9.38pm that very night!!!! Good luck..... hope it works for you xxxx

Mine worked too, I went into labour in the evening following my sweep and Georgia was born the following morning.

Good luck!

i had my second sweep yesterday and im still here :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back