Did Raspberry Leaf Tea / Kegel Exercises work for you?

Ani

Reaction score
Helloo! :wave:

I was wondering if any of you mums drank RLT in the last weeks of your pregnancy and if so, do you think it made a difference to your labour? And if so, how much did you drink per day?

Also, did you do Kegels and did they help with episiotomy / tearing?

(Sorry if these questions have been asked already).

Thanks in advance!!

I started on tea at 33 weeks or so but could not drink 6 cups a day at the maximum which is what is needed. So I started taking the tabs at 36 weeks and by 37 was up to the full dose per day.

My total actual labour lasted 11 hours. The second stage of actual pushing was a grand total of 34 minutes :shock: :lol:

I also didn't have that long a time after giving birth where I bled, it stopped within 10 days more or less.

RL tabs/tea also help ease bleeding after birth and a few other good things :) As does BF'ing as it helps your uterus contract back again.

I did my pelvic floor also. I still tore but then I did push out an almost 10lb baby :lol: So not that surprising. It was a clean tear and I didn't feel it happen nor did I realise afterwards I had torn. Not till the MW told me.

FWIW I also did the perineal massage for 6 weeks before giving birth and think this aided also towards a very quick second stage. Yes I tore but it was over blooming quick and I found it really easy to push LO out :lol:

It's hard to tell if it actually worked because I don't know what my labour would have been like anyway, but I took the capsules from 36 weeks.

I ended up with a 2 1/2 hour labour (total time from waters breaking & first contraction, to baby arriving!). My second stage can't have lasted more than 20 minutes although I can't remember exactly. I don't remember doing that many pushes though.

The only tear I got was a labial tear, which is unusual for a quick labour/good sized baby (he was 8lb 6oz).

I started drinking tea at 32 weeks and built up to 6 cups a day and I dont think it helped one little bit.

I basically only got to 7cm in 20 hours and midwife said my cervix was still very thick and ended up having an emergency c-section.

I took the capsules of RLT, as MW said the drink was rank!! :puke:

Took them from about 35/36 weeks 3 tabs a day, and I think it did help, because I seemed to dilate quite quickly in labour! but that might have happened anyway :think:

A woman in Holland & Barrett told me about this Raspberry Leaf tea, but I wasn't sure whether to give it a go or not. Sounds like the results have been pretty positive so it's definately worth a go! :D

I didn't take it with any of my kids and have had 3 quick labours (6hr, 4hr and 2 1/2hr) with no stitches, including my youngest who was 10lb. I'm sure it does make a difference to some women otherwise it wouldn't be recommended by so many professionals but I got on fine without it.

I took rlt with my son and ended up with a c section. Didn't touch it with my daughter and second stage labour lasted 17 mins!

Very interesting to read all the varying opinions... thanks a mill...

I absolutely love the tea but am thinking I will need to buy the capsules to get the right dosage as it is very difficult to drink 6 cups in one day - who has the time to be doing that!! :D

Anyway, would love to hear more opinions on the stuff. x

I drank the tea to start with then moved onto the tablets at around 36/37 weeks. I had a quick labour. I was 7cm when I arrived at the hospital and from arriving I had had her 2 hours later...no tears or anything! Don't know if the tabs did anything, but it's worth a try!.
:D

I took RLT tablets from 37 weeks and i arrived at hospital at 5cm dilated, was in labour 6 hours 40mins in total and spent the last stage, 20 mins and around 3-4 pushes!!!

Came out of hospital without even a graze, so i'd like to think that they did something, but who can tell!!!

I hated the tea so I didn't take it. I had an episiotomy after 55 hours because she was stuck so I don't know if the pelvic floor exercises helped for the birth. I do know that they helped a lot after the birth to stop me leaking.

i took raspberry leaf tablets from 37 weeks and i believe they helped with labour as i was having my first baby and first labours are notoriously on the long/slow side, but mine wasnt. the MWs only came to my house at about 12.30 lunchtime and i was holding my baby by 5pm! also my boyf said i was only pushing for less than an hour (it felt like less than 10 minutes tho!)

iv never heard of kegels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back