Did everyone forgive you?

sally12

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

Hope you are all OK. Ive just popped over from first tri

I am getting myself into a bit of a state because I am having to tell so many lies to friends and family as to why I am not seeing them and I am having to cancel lots of plans with them.

Ive not told anyone our news because I know they will be all be very excited but we dont want to get their hopes up in case something goes wrong (I am still only 8 weeks).

I am suffering from really bad morning sickness and I am cancelling my arrangements left, right and centre (have been for over two weeks now). I am worried that my friends might not forgive me when I tell them the news because I have had to tell soooo many lies :oops:

I hate all this sneaking around and it is really getting me down. I thought it was meant to be fun to have a secret! :(

Sorry for the ramble but I was wondering if any of your friends were upset with you when you finally told them the news? :think:

Thanks girls x

Don't worry no one will be upset with you when they find out your wonderful news things will suddenly make sense to them, it might even be a relief if they feel maybe theres something wrong because you arn't going out as much as normal or maybe dont seem yourself but they will be so happy about your wonderful news they probably wont even give it a moments thought that you told a few white lies! :hug: :hug:

Hi there,

I have only just announced to alot of my family about my pregnancy.. I have had previous problems and didn't want to jinx it.

To be honest with you, all of my family and friends have been really understanding and just pleased that me and baby are doing well.

Take care
kathy

aww thanks girls...i really hope you are right! :pray:

I know my family will be OK but I am just worried about a few of my friends.

I had a family event at the weekend and I told everyone I was really hungover (I was sick every hour whilst I was there). I got a big lecture from my Mum "How could you get so drunk the night before your sister's party?" "it is so irresponsible of you"...""at your age you should know better"...I felt like a naughty schoolgirl! I cant wait to tell her the real reason I was so ill!

No they'll definatly understand and will be excited, and surprised and happy for you...

:hug:

Couldn't help but giggle at you telling your mum you were hungover and her lecturing you!! I'm sure you'll have a chortle together when you tell here :lol:

I'd been the same cancelling girly nights on the wine and using lame excuses. Eventually my good pal asked me one day was everything ok as she was worried she'd done something to annoy me, I felt so bad that she'd been thinking that but all was forgotten the minute I told her the news and she's very excited!!!

I'm sure all your friends and family will completely understand and be over the moon when you do tell them!!

All the best hun and look forward to seeing you in second tri officially soon!

Sarah x

Oh hun, they wont need to forgive you...they'll forget all about it and be so happy about the baby!
A lot of my friends were like 'oh so thats why, lol' but not upset. We didnt tell anyone not even close family untill after our 12 week scan when i was actually 13 weeks.
Its fine to want to not say anything till your over that safty mark. they wont hold it against you.

Hello!

I'm 14 weeks and still haven't told any of my friends as we want to wait until we find out the sex and have had an all-clear on the amniocentesis. Thankfully during first tri I didn't find it too hard to make excuses because I'm not really a big going out person anyway, but now when I do go out people wonder why I'm not drinking. At first I used the "I'm on antibiotics for an ear infection" excuse, but now I don't know what to say! Two weeks is about the longest you can draw out that excuse, and it could be another three weeks before we find out the results of the amnio. :?

I'm sure my friends will forgive me as will yours forgive you. Just tell them you're really sorry you had to tell porkies but you didn't want any fuss and I'm sure they'll understand. :D

AMETHYST

:hug: Yeh they will understand :) See you here for real very soon!

Of course they will understand and if they dont then they arent worth worrying about.

To be honest i had pretty much told everyone by the 8th week. I figured if anything did happen id need their support anyway. That and i just couldnt keep my mouth shut!

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back