When did you tell work?

BumpandAshlee

Reaction score
I am working as a freelance designer at the moment for 3 clients who I am planning on working for through out my pregnancy as it is not too much pressure and I quite enjoy my work. I can do it all at my own pace :) I will need to tell them though and I am not too sure how they will take it. I think it will all be fine.
However we need to tell hubby's work as he will probably have some problems with traveling around the time baby is due. I have been travelling with him lately so it will look kinda odd if I stop plus I quite like visiting Italy and Spain. So we was wondering when to tell them? We were thinking when I start to show so maybe around 15/16 weeks, some time soon...

When did everyone else tell work?

i told my manager as soon as i found out but thats because i work in a high risk area but all the other staff after 12 week scan x

I told my manager at 9 weeks just as she was over from france and so I felt better to tell her face to face, then I lost the baby. So this time , she was over at 12 weeks, but I bottled out! So at 14 weeks I had to tell her as had to have a cvs that day, only found out at 8am that day and has to be done by 14 weeks so told her as needed a days holiday! all the best laid plans!

We need to tell OH's work very soon as paternity leave needs to be told by 15 weeks before the baby is born, and we should have a section at 38 /39 weeks. bit of a guess mind to when he needs the leave

I told mine at 9 weeks as I get half a day leave for appoinments. They have been brilliant :)

Emma x

I was bursting to tell them as soon as I found out, but we restrained and waited till the 12 week scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back