Did any of you get pregnant on Metformin?

Sorry I'm just getting to reply Lara_M... It's hard to get on here very often when I work full time and with a 4 year old running around, but yes, I am overweight and had weight to loose...

I got diagnosed with PCOS in nov 2010 although I always kinda knew I had something wrong with me. Was put on metformin and started taking it jan 2011. By feb my periods had returned and we officially started ttc in may. By the dates it looks like we conceived first or second try and we now have a happy n healthy 9 week old little boy. :) I did also change my diet and increased my excercise regime. Managed to lose a stone and a half which I also think helped. The only downside to metformin I found was it made me have a dodgy tummy when I first started taking it and each time i had to increase the dose. Was only for a couple of days each time though. Benefits far outweigh the cons! :) Good luck Hun.xx

There's definite hope for us Metformin girlies xx

Sent from me xxx

I was diagnosed with PCOS. They tried me on I think it was clomid, which didn't help. I miscarried in 2008. Was given metformin which I concieved successfully after a few months of being on it. And my daughter is now 21 months old.
I never really had periods and when I did it was one or two a year if I was lucky.
I agree with what others have said on here, its good to go on it even if its just to help your ovulation or health.
Wish you all who are in same boat the best and sending lots of baby dust your way.
I managed to get my baby after a long wait. But she is finally here now and with a new little precious on his/her way xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back