Diabetes

Sol

Reaction score
So I just got a message from my midiwfe I have got Gestational Diabetes but I really don't know how bad it is. I am going to chat with her tomorrow as she will sort me a diabetic nurse appointment.

My last test came out at 8.8 but is that really really bad or what?

I know it means my water borth is out which I am gutted about and now I am really worried my consultant is going to try and push me into having a C Section.

Anyone got any advice? Anything would be helpful am so worried at the mo :mad:

dont they only make you have a c section if the baby is on the big side?

I've had gest diabetes for all of my pregnancy, was put onto the diabetic team about 12 weeks and was on meds about 16 weeks after a diabetic diet failed to control my sugars so now I'm on metformin and insulin.
So far I have no idea how it will affect my birth choices all I know is I am going to get induced early as baby will be on the larger side....

If you want to chat let me know :) I have to stay on my diabetic diet forever even after baby is born since I have glucose intolerance from my PCOS :( so going to be gutting to never have a big choco cake again I have been sneaky and had a bit of chocolate here and there but its impossible now I'm so far gone I can't seem to control my sugars anymore so the insulin keeps getting increased on 6 units at nighttime now x

So far I have pretty much come to terms with not having a water birth or labouring in water.
Trouble Is I really don't know how bad a level of 8.8 is cause my midwife didn't explain it.

I am guessing I am likely to be induced but I know my consultant puts load of people in for C Sections.

I have a scan tomorrow so am waiting to see how big baby is before I panic about a c section.

Misscrazy no choccy cake ever nooooooooooooooooo fairrrrrrrrrrrrr I just want some fruit shorties at the mo lol

Thanks Peeps I just feel like I saw the finish line and someone put a big fat hill in front of me but hey ho

targets for after meals for me are 7.8 or below x

before meals its got be below 6 >.<

So 8.8 is really high hun for a 2 hour glucose test if thats what you had x

Oh hun, sorry have no advice, as no experiance in this topic, but wanted to say hang in there, Hugs :hugs:

Hope your chat goes well tomorow, and you get lots more info and questions you have answered X

targets for after meals for me are 7.8 or below x

before meals its got be below 6 >.<

So 8.8 is really high hun for a 2 hour glucose test if thats what you had x

This is what I find kind of odd my result befre the drink was 5.5 then aftwerwards was 8.8 It's liek a swallowed a bag of sugar or something.
Also the day before they checked my sample and no glucose in urine so am finding it a little wierd.

Well will find out more today hopefully and how it effects things too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back