Dental Treatment whilst pregnant - advice please!

Tan

Reaction score
Hi all, Sorry if this is a long post! Ive posted it in 3rd Tri too but thought some of you may have experienced this.

Have any of you had to have dental treatment late in PG? Basically, about a month ago, I lost a filling and it got infected so I had to go and get emergency treatment at the hospital. they would only fill it temporarily until i could get a dentist (nightmare aroung here!)

Anyway, I did get a dentist but he didn't want to remove it until ive had the baby so left it as it was as I wasn't in pain anymore.

Now today my filling has fallen out again and i'm worried about it getting infected as ive still got 8 weeks til EDD. My dentist is on holiday and no-one else will see me except for a private one which is going to cost me 80 pounds but they can do it on the morning. Thing is, I don't want to pay all that money out to have a filling which will probably fall out again so was wondering if it would be safe to just have it taken out? theres not much tooth left and they had to numb it to drill and fill it before so what would the difference be with removing it?

Has anyone else had a tooth removed this late in PG at all???

Thanks

Tan x

Hi hun ok this is from MIL

when she was pg with her first son something to do with her body wasnt producing enough calcium for her and baby and baby was using all hers from her bones ect

at 39 weeks she was took to the dental hospital and all her teeth removed but this is going back 34 years ago dont know if its much help but both her and baby were fine

Me. I had one taken out at 36 weeks. I had broken it years ago, and then broke it again. I was meant to have it removed at 14 weeks but it wasn't causing me any bother so I (stupidly) left it. However I developed an abcess and it was removed. Iyt was numbed and removed as usual. Any questions just ask x

My best friend is a dentist so if your still stuck tomorow AM just shout and ill call her and ask anything you need to know.x

Hi, thanks for your replies.

They wouldn't even discuss removing it which is annoying but they've put a stronger filling in this time which they hope will last until ive had baby. (It better do cause I can't afford to keep paying out for fillings with a house move and new baby iminent!!)

Tan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back