Dental Hygienist

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Me and OH went to the Dentist yesterday for checkups. We are with an NHS Dentist so we pay a set price. We were in there about 5 minutes which cost £31(for both of us) for her to say to us that we would benefit from seeing the Dental Hygienist. Last time she gave us both a scale and polish which was included in that price but this time we have both booked in to see the hygienist for £37 each on top of what we have already paid. I was just wandering if anyone knew what they do. It is a half an hour appointment and from what I can gather we get a scale and polish and a talk on how to look after our teeth. All i'm thinking is that surely that should be included in the £31 and we shouldn't have to see the hygienist unless they do something that the Dentist doesn't. Am I being ripped off?

I think to whole thing is a rip off to be honest :x
Sorry im not happy with the lack of care in NHS dentistry

im Private because of a bad experiance with Nhs dentist down hear
( though they them selves have gone part private)

and the hygienist at my Private dentist is £35
Though ive never used it, it costs enough just walking thought the door :roll:
so you can see Nhs or not its all expensive
More and more dentists our taking the p*** Nhs or private

Im with a private dentist and get a check up and hygienist visit every 6months, they basically scale & polish and they give you any tips on how to look after ur teeth better. If they use to do it included in ur dentist visit though cant see why u now have to pay seperate? :think: Dentistry is a big rip off, my OH needs some work on one of his teeth and its costing him nearly £500 and we've had to get it on 12 months finance so he can have it done its pathetic :shock:

i think it does cost extra as the first payment is just the cost of the check up. then any extra treatment u will have to pay for.

i hate the cost of dentist, im trying to get any thing i need done while im pregnant and its free. I do like seeing the hygenist as they make ur teeth feel nice and clean.

iv never heard of that before, we pay like £15.60 if we dont need fillings and he does a scale and polish... either theres something wrong and he'll do it or there isnt and its just £15.60.... :hug: sounds like a rip off to me. Did they say what exactly was wrong? Iv noticed that my dentist now does more on oral hygiene because of mouth/throat cancer and he asks loads of questions now about my lifestyle but thats about it :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back