Bupa Health Care

monster_munch

Reaction score
Is anyone with Bupa.

I'm in the process of joining.
But hubby has just changed his mind :roll:

He says it is too expensive and the information pack makes it look like you don;t get that much for your money.

I just have some questions.

Do you get care in pregnancy on it?
It dental covered or do you have to get that seperately..

Ummm - anything else you can tell me really!

Can you also let me know what scale your on and the excess you pay.
We were looking at Scale C with £100 or £150 excess, but it's still a LOT of money!

(If you don't want the info on here, can you PM me?
Thankies)

I'm not sure of the cost as we get it all through my husbands work (the three of us)

But you can get pregnancy care but you have to go there from the start of your pregnancy - or you do here at the private hosp.

I would defo recomend it as we have been a few times as my husband has a bad tummy and he gets appointments through really quick to get his endoscopes done (which I am happy about as their is a family history of stomach cancer)

I'm with Bupa,

I have taken out extra cover for "Complications in Childbirth" (at a small extra cost) but they dont cover Pregnancy I dont think, you have to pay for your OBs and Scans privately. My friend did and she said it was truly not worth it as the consultant they had been paying to see all along then decided to take his holidays when she gave birth and she was left with one she really didn't like!!!

You can have dental cover but its counted as an extra premium and bumps the cost up.

We have Health care select 1 which covers pretty much everything else including out patient stuff and also home care if you should need it.

I got it free when I worked for comet, it was great had an op on my foot really quickly. Sky tv n that. Not sure about dental &pg care, but I know existing ailments aren't covered

I get my BUPA cover through hubby's work.
When I read our policy, it says it doesn't cover pregnancy. :(

OopsyDaisy said:
I get my BUPA cover through hubby's work.
When I read our policy, it says it doesn't cover pregnancy. :(

Ous does but you have to go right from the very beginning and I didnt realise until I was about 20wks gone

Thanks guys.

Hubby gets care through work she DD and I don't - hence why we were going to go for it

We mainly wanted it for pregnancy and dental and then obviously for emergencies...

Doesn't seem so good anymore TBH - will have to do more research.
Seems a lot of money if it doesn't quite do what I want.

Are there other companies that do similar things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back