Dental treatment on maternity exemption

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Ive got my 6 month check up on Thursday. The last two times Ive been while on maternity exemption my dentist says my teeth are fine. I now need a scale and polish and possibly a filling. Im worried she is going to say its fine again because she makes less money out of me while Im not paying myself. Am I entitled to a scale and polish on me? I need one, my teeth feel minging and they have tartar building up on them :puke:

Request one! Im so lucky to have a dentist that has treated me from my first tooth and has now taken Lily on even though she has been told not to take on any more NHS patients. She gave me a full clean and partial filling and Im going back in 2months so she can make the most of my exemption period.

Tell your dentist you think one is due see if they can prove you wrong.

I went recently - got my check up free but had to pay to see the hygienist for full scale & polish. Wasn't expecting that either - good job I had just been paid. I think though if my actual dentist had done it then it would have been free. So paid £45 for extreme pain & discomfort. Charming!!

They shouldnt compramise your care because of you not paying!

I got 3 fillings and a route canal and scale and polish all on my exemption, they did the scale and polish the week after my cert ran out but still didnt charge me

just see what they say, if they dont mention it ask them for the S&P and say '''do I not need a filling''

Don't the dentists just claim back any treatment costs from the NHS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back