Delayed Cord Clamping

and also I believe you can't have the injection to assist with placenta delivery? [I may be imagining that part?]

X

Yes you're supposed to wait til after the cord is cut to have the injection to pass the placenta. But you could still delay cord clamping for 10 minutes or so and then clamp and cut and get the injection.

I'm wanting a natural third stage anyway (no injection) so it's not really an issue for me.

Found out yesterday that my hospital does this as part and parcel with a normal birth, which is great. They do generally give the injection to pass the placenta asap as well, which I don't plan on having

I dunno what the procedure at the MAT ward is at mine yet, Im a bit far away from that discussion.

Im not sure whether to have the injection or not.

Jackson was fine with it before, as was I so - like Nat says best not to prolong. Ill see how labour is and decide :lol:

Better late than never.

xxxx

I'm going to delay cc my daughters was cut straight away but I believe there's more benefits than negatives to delaying. If I have a section they will only delay for three minutes x

Delayed cord clamping is standard in my hospital too.

I see how consuming the placenta has a total ick factor but I can not say enough about the benefits I've had from it. I have a small piece in a smoothie (seriously you can't taste it AT ALL it's crazy) and then have the rest encapsulated. It is amazing. Utterly amazing. I can't believe how incredible those capsules made me feel. I'm blissed out and energized for weeks after delivery when I should feel crappy and exhausted. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I wouldnt mind the capsules, deffo not in its natural form.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back