Daytime Naps

babyroo

Reaction score
I was just wondering how everyone elses babies nap through the day.
Jessica feeds just about all morning on and on until about 11:30/12noon then has a nap at til about 3pm. She finished another feed about 20mins ago and is having another nap. is this too much or too little napping?

Ione can sleep anywhere between four and six hours in the day, and there's no real routine to it! She did go through a phase of being really hungry in the morning too and feeding every hour but that's stopped now. Today for various reasons she's only had half hour naps here or there so I'm interested to see whether that will help her sleep better tonight.
I remember reading in one of the many books on baby routines that they should sleep about five and a half hours when they're in their first month.

Isaac never did naps, though he's starting to need them so I go to bed with him so he gets a rest.
As long as LO is happy and eating well, there's nothing wrong with a good napper :hug:

millie used 2 hav a couple of 1-2 hour naps each day, but since about 3 months she hardly naps at all, maybe a couple of 15-minute naps a day. but she has an early bedtime now whereas she used 2 just hav the same bedtime as us. all babies are different tho i dont think thats too little or too much x

Jude has about 20 mins in the morning, same in the afternoon. He doesn't go to bed very early (about 9.30), but sleeps well once he's down.

My daughter loves her naps (she's having one as I write now!). She feeds about every 3 hours during the day and has a nap between each feed for about half an hour. She goes to bed at 7-7.30pm and gets up at 7.30 am ish with usually one night feed. She's 15 weeks old today and when she was younger her daytime naps were longer-sometimes an hour long between feeds. My only prob is that she struggles to get to sleep during the day unless in car, swing or pram and gets upset if put in moses basket in daytime. No probs at night tho. Any suggestions anyone?

I have the same prob getting Charlotte to sleep in the day - either rocking the pram or a walk around the block is needed to get her off, but no problems at night - she will go to sleep herself then. Not sure what to do about the day naps either - although its not really a problem to walk round the block so i'm trying not to worry. Nice to know someone else is in the same baot though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back