day 3 blood results any thoughts

toscacat

Reaction score
Fsh 6.4 Lh 10.6 testosterone 1.8 they were taken for query pcos I know the ratio is meant to be 1:1 which it clearly isn't but it isn't 2:1 either!

Any thoughts

Well your ratio is 1.7:1 which is closer to PCOS than to normality and if I'm doing the conversion right then your testosterone levels is over double the maximum normal range.

High testosterone is also associated with PCOS.

Either way it isn't normal but maybe you can turn it around with lifestyle choices and something like metformin before it becomes chronic xx

What should testosterone be then? Yeah that's what I thought hoping gp will agree that they aren't normal on Wednesday! I am overweight and losing some but does anyone know what weight does to the levels? Thanks

If your testosterone reading is 1.8 ng/Ml, then it is 180 ng/dL (I think).

The normal ng/dl reading for women is 15-70.

If you could find out what measurement your reading is in then it will clarify it though :)

As for the weight, you will not have high testosterone simply because you are overweight. The weight will be making you more insulin resistant and that will likely be causing the PCOS symptoms and that will be increasing your testosterone.

If you lost the weight then the whole situation might disappear and you wouldn't need any fertility treatment. Anyone with PCOS should make a normal BMI their top priority xx

Yep it certainly is my top priority have already lost a stone just have a few more to loose but loosing 1-3lb a week so happy with that just have to tell myself I want a baby more than the bar of chocolate and its easier! Thanks Louise will hopefully have a co operative gp wed and I will find out testosterone measurement.

That's a great effort with the weightloss :good:

I know it's not easy. I've been struggling to lose a stone for about 4 months now, only managed 7lbs which isn't going to allow me to hit my target on time unless I pick up the pace :roll:

No problemo, I hope the GP is helpful :) He might even be able to help with the weightloss by referring to a dietician too xx

Well done on your weight loss - a stone is great! Your'll be a skini mini just in time to get a baby belly instead....

Louise, you should become a fertility doctor!! you really know your stuff.......amazing!

I agree Louise you need a med degree! I have been to gp and basically told that the results are normal - I asked her about the fact that they were clerly more towards pcos than not and she said that is why she will send me for a scan (4 weeks referral time aparantly).

Thankfully Louise the testosterone is in mmols so it equates to 65ng/dl so like the other results high end of normal. I asked her about day 21 bloods and she said because of my cycles being erratic they wouldnt be that accurate and that is why she is sending me for a scan. she did recomend ovulation kits though so that i can work out when i ov in case i am missing it - anyone recomend any - i have the digital ones but if i have to do those for three times a day i will be bankrupt!

Ah good news about the testosterone :) It did sound too high for not actually having PCOS ratios.

It's good that she is sending you for a scan too! Just waiting for a date now?

I've always found the cheapy eBay OPKs to work fine. Some stores on there sell different sensitivities so you can tweek which ones you use to show up the best LH surge.

Thanks hun! Yep she will refer today and should get scan in approx three weeks. Now here's the dilema! Now I have found a good gp I am moving out of area in 2 weeks! Only 35mins away though so I thought I would just not say anything for now and have royal mail redirect my mail so I get any post from them and then once all the initial tests are done and I get referred then I would tell them I have moved -does this seem sensible?

Yes, it sounds sensible to me. I don't know how the royal mail redirecting mail works though xx

It's really simple they basically just redirect any post from old to new so I would still get all my referral letters without having to tell gp I have moved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back