Pcos advice

Ann30

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been in the Ttc section for a couple of months but today I had a doctors app and was told my fsh and lh hormones are indicating pcos. I haven't had any symptoms apart from 4 days of pain in my right ovary this month and it sometimes hurts whe me and hubby r u know whating.
I have been referred for a scan but really don't known what to think. I just been close to tears all day.
My hubbys SA results were fine and all my other blood tests have been fine. I did know deep down something wasn't right tho so I kept going to the doctors.
Has any of u got any advice or any thing fr me? I don't like researching on net as it gets me paranoid so it's good to know real peoples opinions and experiences. Thank u xxx

hi ann

firstly PCOS is not a on/off switch. You can have it mildly or in a more extreme way. I have it a little and it has no impact what so ever on my fertility, it just gives me irregular cycles. If you don't have symptoms it's likely you're also in the mild category and it may not impact your fertility much at all.

Things like this can be extreme and impact whether you ovulate. If your blood tests have been fine it suggests you're ovulating which suggests it's not majorly impacting your fertility. How long have you been trying?

Hi there, thanks for ur comment it put my mind at ease as iv been reading up on line and now know that it is possible to have it very mildly. It was just my lh and fsh hormones that were slightly high everything else like thyroid, progesterone and what not were fine.
We have been trying since August last year. I no compared to some it's not long but it's really getting me down. If someone said to me that we would definately have a child in a few years time I would be over the moon- its just the thought that it might never happen that scares me :(
How about u? How long have you been trying ? Xx

Hi Ann and welcome.
Just to second scotch, lots of women with pcos carry on as nOrmal and conceive just fine.
It would be useful to get an internal ultrasound done as they can assess your ovaries that way, and have you had testosterone levels tested too? They are a good indicator of how severe pcos is.
I have pretty bad pcos in that I do not ovulate at all and have been resistant to meds so far- but don't let that scare you as all my bloods were way out straigh away.
Just try and relax, it's good your gp is looking in to it, so if you do need further help you're doing the right thing.
Good luck xxx

My pcos is not the limiting factor in us ttc. My husband has a super low sperm count so we have to have icsi (ivf where they inject the sperm into the egg)

Don't worry too much hun. ?If it turns out you do have PCOS ask for an insulin resistance test. If that comes up posative you'll be put on Metformin.

If it's negative then they'll tell you about diet changes that can help and may even offer clomid.

Chin up hun we CAN conceive with PCOS - just a case of when ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back