Could we have a answer???

BabyLover

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

As some of you know me and o/h have been having problems over the last 4 and hlaf years concieving and with one miscarriage(chemical pregnancy) and loads of tests, we might have the answers to the problem.

My o/h has very low sperm count of 1 million per m/l, but everything else normal. He then had a blood test and it was confirmed he also has low testosterone levels, so he was referred to another clinc in the hospital to find out what is causing his low testosterone levels before they can start any ICSI/IVF treatment on us....

So he went a couple of weeks ago to the hospital to have some blood tests for his LH, FSH & Prolactin...

Well his results were as follows:

.LH & FSH levels were Low
.Prolactin were Normal

They are now sending him for a MRI scan of his Pituitary Gland, as this must be the reason why he has low testosterone...

He is very scared and do not know what to except and I feel for him, because nothing is going right for him at the moment, but this may explain why he has low Testosterone, which is causing him to have low sperm count, so we could be getting some answers soon...

It has been a struggle over the last 4 and half years and all we want now more than ever is to start a family and have our children, it is really getting us both down, but we are keeping strong for each other and not letting it destroy our relationship, I think talking is the KEY thing if you have problems like ours...

Sorry for rambling, just wanted to share with people who understand

:eh:

Aww, poor guy :(

I can understand why he's feeling scared thinking there is something wrong with his pituitary gland - pretty serious stuff.

Luckily you have the wedding to keep to occupied until the scan comes around - do you have a date yet?

Last edited:
Date for his scan is 8th April, but he may have to change it due to work commitments and everyone using up their holidays by April lol Which means he will always have to be in the office...They haven't got any dates earlier than then..

Our wedding is 1st October...can't wait!

I'm sure that hubby must be able to pull the boss aside and says he needs to have a scan on his head done and would really appreciate having it off.

They wouldn't have a clue it was fertility related and the boss would be obligated to keep it confidential anyway :)

Ohh 1st of October - that's a good date, i love the autumn - i had mine in September :love:

Hey Donna,
Really glad you have some news, although I can imagine it being more-than-a-little scary right now.
I totally agree with you - communication is the answer to most woes :) Hang in there, hopefully all the tests will give you both the answers you need to get your little miracle.
Xx

Hi Hun,

Sorry you've had a tough time TTC, I'm coming up to a year and that's hard so 4 years must be really hard, well done for sticking with it and I really hope you get some positive results from OH's tests and if he ends up needing some treatment that it helps you get your bean.

Good Luck,

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back