Dark stools

Steffy198

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced dark stool during pregnancy? It could be the prenatal vitamins and lately I ve been eating lots of veggies, I'm still worried though.. Should I consult my doc
.?my next visit is 30 th jan ,don't know if I should wait till then.

Yes hun, for about 2 weeks I've had them.

I've had more constipation lately and apparently that can cause dark stools. An iron supplement can also cause dark ones.

I was a bit worried about mine just because I've had a digestion/tummy problem and because I'm on asprin I requested a blood test to make sure I wasn't anemic (in case I was experiencing some internal bleeding from my tummy irritation) ....but all was ok & looks like its just one of those things.

I've been drinking a ton of water the last few days & upped my fruit & veg and that seems to be helping improve the colour if that helps xx

Last edited:
is it odd of me to not know what colour my poo is? I honestly have no clue lol and I'm not tempted in the slightest to look :D xxx

is it odd of me to not know what colour my poo is? I honestly have no clue lol and I'm not tempted in the slightest to look :D xxx

I know it's pretty gross isn't it, this is what pregnancy has reduced me to! :shock: xx

The 3 main things would probably be iron in your vitamins, dehydration and constipation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back