Anaemic

Neev

Reaction score
Got bloods back when I went to see consultant - all good apart from being told I am anaemic. Quite peeved off coz I have been eating well and am a veggie anyway. I take Sanatogen Pronatal/Prenatal which shows on the side of the bottle 100% RDA of most vitamins and also iron. I need to ask - should I be taking extra supplements of Iron as well besides the Sanatogen?

I have included Steamed spinach for lunch and dried apricots for snacks every day from the start of the pregnancy. I am very surprised I am actually anaemic. Any suggestions?

Also being referred to Neurologist because of my lower back pain and to check if I can be given epidural during Labour because I have had a few neck spasms that get very severe in the last 3 years (once every 6 months or so).

I just hope I can go through a natural birth...not worrying myself here but it all seems too daunting. :?

SOunds liek you've done everything right, theres nothing wrong with being aneamic, they took my bloods for it today cso im constasntly tired, feeling faint, and cold.

The baby will take your iron and its jsut a natural thing, jsut like you can do everything they say but still end up with gestational diabetes or preeclampsia.

Try not to worry about everything birthwise and that, i no it can be daunting but you'll get through it easily.

Your anemia is most lielly not affecting baby, as my midwife said, my baby is spot on for everything, its me they worry about :hug:

I don't really have any advice but didn't want to read and not write anything so i'm sending you lots of hugs instead!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree it does sound like you've done everything right. LO must be stealing all your iron :)

Did they give you any additional iron tablets? Perhaps your were only borderline anaemic and they expect it to sort itself out?

Good luck with the referral, I'm sure they are just being cautious. I think it takes quite a lot before they will recommend you don't go through a natural birth. Good luck and let us know how it goes :hug:

thanks :) I hope it is not effecting the LO...will find out as we have a scan tomorrow...I did ask the consultant if I need to take extra supplements for Iron, he said see how you go..if you feel weak/faintish then yes. They will redo bloods in 10 weeks to check...

thanks mildly..

No they did not say yes and they did not say no..it was more like..see how you go...I do have midwife appointment next week so will ask her...I try not to ask the consultant a lot because it is always in the back of my mind to not "take up too much of his time as there are others waiting"

He was very sweet though...but according to him the neck spasms are to do with the curvature of the spine near the neck/nerve entrapment with stress. So if the neurologist says no natural birth then no natural birth....I am glad they are taking precautions but it seems like I forever have appointments these days lol

I suppose the fact they didn't demand that you take them is a good sign, very annoying though when you know you've been eating all the right things :x

In that case with your curvature/nerve entrapment, which sounds painful btw :hug: , it sounds best to let the expert decide. I hope everything is ok for your natural birth though :pray: Will they need to increase your appointments the nearer you get to the birth?

Also good luck with your scan tomorrow :cheer: I bet that is one appointment you're looking forward too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back