Upset tummy symptoms

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Okay girls this may be a little TMI :oops: :oops: :oops:

For the last few weeks ( four or five) I've had quite loose stools - and my tum has varied from feeling quite bloated to severe gas pains to very hungry to extremely full to sick and back again.

I'm currently on antibiotics for a UTI. I know that UTIs are sometimes caused by fecal matter being accidentally wiped into the urinary tract. I think that this is what happened with me. BUT the loose stools continue and I feel absolutely crappy (pardon awful pun). :oops: :oops:

Anyone else feeling this? Have I picked up food poisoning somewhere? Or is this just another pregnancy symptom people are too embarrassed to talk about? :oops:

Worried about my appetite, which is practically nonexistent...I'm eating less than ever, and the baby hasn't moved much in the last week, where it was very active before. :(

Going to the doctor tomorrow anyway but wondered if anyone felt the same way.

Sue :(

Hi Sue,

I have had similar for the last three days. I have been feeling period like pains in my bump and they are worse in the morning. But I have also felt like I have an upset tummy, I ate out on sat and thought it might be that but my friend who had the same thing is absolutley fine. Also my baby was starting to get quite active, was feeling it evryday. I still feel it occasionally daily but it is much softer and lower down. I too have recently had a bad UTI and I think I might be getting another as it feels the same. I really don't want another one as it hurts too much. I have also been feeling sick, then hungrey. No idea what's up?????

Thinking of you tomorrow. I am thinking about calling my midwife to see what she says/advises. I know that it is probably in my head and the baby has just mioved down and found a new toy (i.e. my bladder) to play with but I can't help but worry. xxxxx

Tiny Sue said:
For the last few weeks ( four or five) I've had quite loose stools - and my tum has varied from feeling quite bloated to severe gas pains to very hungry to extremely full to sick and back again.

Anyone else feeling this? Have I picked up food poisoning somewhere? Or is this just another pregnancy symptom people are too embarrassed to talk about? :oops:

i had food poisoning a few weeks back and ever since i have felt the exact same way as you!
Its so strange and i cant make heads or tail or it, i just put it down to a pregnancy symptom

I have loose to hard and back again several times since being PG - I put it down to pregnancy to be honest hun. Hope you feel better soon though xx

Hope you feel better soon too!

FIngers crossed for you as two weeks of upset tummy was the 1st symptom i had!!!!! I never have a funny tummy and i had the worst, the two extremes one after the other (tmi) sorry!

Good Luck :D

Babe dont worry about this at all, throughout my entire pregnancy I have had the same problem. I heard constipation was common during pregnancy but not the otherway round!
I asked my midwife about it and she said it was completly normal, your uterus and bowel are very closly linked, whick is why they say having a hot curry or drinking castor oil can bring on labour, as clearing your bowels can set off contractions, which is why most women clear their bowels in early labour. My midwife said it was probably because I have a very active baby and it keeps pushing into my bowels. I do find I go once a day and just before hand I feel a bit sick, once I have 'been' this goes away and Im okay again. So dont worry what your feeling is normal!

Hey guys...thanks so much...

I felt so much better this morning that I didn't bother making a doctor's appointment but said I'd see how I felt. I've been more stressed than usual the last couple of days and my DH even said "you're in a bad mood...it's like you're controlling yourself with difficulty when you ask me something"...and I like snapped at him a couple of times...which I never do. (We're sort of famous among my siblings for never having had a row...ever).
ANYWAY I put it down to being scattered (really woollyheaded these days) and having a lot to do with a house to renovate, a house to set to rent and baby coming along, not to mention going back to work in a month. Not moaning, those of you who don't have summer holidays have it harder than me, just when you're not used to tension it can make you jittery.

BUT my tum is back to normal, almost today...normal bowel movement, not soft or sticky at all...thank goodness, I was beginning to get so tired of it. Fingers crossed!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back