cuddling to sleep

Hayley1608

Reaction score
How do you stop it?

No matter how tired savannah is if i put her down awake she just rolls about like its playtime to wake herself up.

Can't really offer any advice as we always cuddled oscar. He is 13 months now and he just grew out of the need for it in his own time, but it's only recent. The only ways we knew to stop it were either controlled crying (or similar techniques) or let him grow out of it and as we chose that we won't leave oscar to cry we went for the latter, and he's just done it in the last few weeks himself :love:

We also cuddled Sebastian to sleep. He started settling himself about 10/11 months old at night but I still cuddle him to sleep at nap times. I also wont leave Sebastian to cry (especially after I tried a dummy free night the other night and the 'controlled' crying broke my heart) but I know lots of parents that do.

I did a type of controlled crying but felt it was a little less harsh. I'd put her down awake then I would sit beside her Moses basket for a few minutes and then I just moved further and further towards the door every few minutes and she eventually fell asleep. I did that for about 3 nights. I used to rock her to sleep in her basket :) I miss that! Enjoy it, if you're happy to continue cuddling LO go for it. If not just try to wean them off iyswim?
Xc

I've always cuddled Jack to sleep and TBH I love doing it. I'm hoping like Oscar & Sebastian he'll self settle when he's ready. I love the closeness of cuddling him and remember when they're toddlers they won't want to be cuddling Mummy! Mind you it only takes Jack 3-4mins to fall asleep so maybe thats why I love it :) x

Have you tried putting her down in a gro bag then putting a blanket tightly over it around her? The weight of the gro bag stops my LO from being able to roll about and she go's over by herself every night since she was only a few weeks old... Give it a go! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back