What do you do for lil ones naps?

mikid

Reaction score
E is fab at bedtime, goes into her cot awake and drops off to sleep after 5/10 mins of babbling to herself.

Nap times however, are a completely different story! When shes getting tired I take her up to her room, cuddle for a little bit with the lullaby's on (like bed time) then if I put her down she just stands up shouting or crying to be picked back up again. So I pick her up and she fights me (vicious circle!) So I end up cuddling her until she calms down and then drops off then put her down asleep.

Is this the norm?! Don't want to be digging myself a big hole! I don't mind holding her too much, just get frustrated sometimes when she doesn't seem to know what she wants, up or down, and fights. Also, I don't want to ruin the good night time thing we've got going on.

Ladies, let me know what you go through at nap times, tell me im not the only one with drama!!

LO is 13 months old and self settles at bed time but still likes to be cuddled to sleep at nap time. I'm not worried tbh as when he is asleep he stays asleep if I put him down, he just likes to cuddle for naps :D x

We cuddle Jack to sleep most of the time (he's naping on my chest at the mo :) ) but he can self settle at bedtime. Nap time he's not so good x

I always fed Toby to sleep at nap time, and used to with Sam too. They've both always been good at bedtime though x

Seems like this is pretty standard then :) I just presumed if they could self settle at night they'd do it for naps too?! Do your little ones fight sleep at nap time or do they just cuddle up all calm and drop off?

Last edited:
Tegan is fantastic at bedtime but will sometime fight Naps, i usually put her in her cot with her light show on about 80% of the time she goes to sleep but if she screams for more than 5 minutes i usually end up cuddling her to sleep xx

90% of the time LO goes to sleep ok but if he's overtired, somewhere new or excited then he tends to fight x

Oz is cuddled to sleep for nap time, and alot of hte time for bedtime too! And we generally can't put him down either at nap times. I don't mind too much when it's a 30 min nap, but when it's getting on for 2 hours and I'm trapped under him it's frustrating lol I know when he's a few years older though I'm gonna miss this closeness with him so I do try to make the most of it now! And also he won't be able to fit on my lap much longer anyways lol

we lay edie on her side with a dummy for nap time, or with a bottle. she drifts off after about 5 mins x

My lo goes in his pram with his dummy and a blankey and is asleep within five mins, ive tried naps in the cot but they dont work! Id love to give him cuddles to go to sleep but he isnt a cuddly baby and only wants them when he isnt feeling well. Xx

if amelia is over tired i have no hope of her going down without a fight but if i put her down even if she isnt showing any signs of being tired like i know after 1 1/2-2 hours of her getting up she needs to go down but goes dwn no probs at night

I know when he's a few years older though I'm gonna miss this closeness with him so I do try to make the most of it now! And also he won't be able to fit on my lap much longer anyways lol

Good point, I do get really frustrated sometimes but then when she's lay on me sleeping like an Angel, I do tell myself that this won't be like this for long, she'll be all independent and won't want to know me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back