Crying spell or colics?

MissThing

Reaction score
Hello ladies :wave:

What is it and what can we do about it: every single evening after his 6pm bath and feed Daniel just starts screaming. All he wants is to be bounced. As soon as you stop (I am not even talking about putting him down) hi starts again. This goes on from about 6.40 till about 8.40, then either he falls asleep by himself, or I give him a boob and he falls asleep after that. Apart from this thing he is very good, wakes up just once in the night for a feed, falls straight to sleep and wakes up at 6 am in the morning. He isnt much of a crying baby during the day and we are giving him infacol+colief.

Thanks for your replies! :hug:

Im not sure!!!it could be colic or you just have a baby that likes a lot of attention and likes being bounced!

I have the same problem with DD likes being bounced!

If your baby is screaming its hed off and its clenching its fist and raising its legs up its a sure sign of colic.

Have you tried putting him to bed in his room? He might just be tired. Maia gets like that anytime after 5pm and especially after a bath!

I am having the same problem with Amber this weekend, she has had colic and that is 100% better now. She doesnt draw her legs anymore but is constantly crying screaming sometimes and nothing will pacify her apart from being bounced!!!! Which as i am sure you all know can be pretty draining for you constantly doing it.

She doesnt get to sleep until 12 some nights because she is so unsettled - its since her nan and great nan had her for a few hours on fri night she has been a very unhappy baby.

Yeah, seems its colics. :( He does exactly what Mrs_Tommo said: screaming its hed off and its clenching its fist and raising its legs up. And also makes sort of a bear noses.

I just dont understand, we are giving him infacol+colief but it still happens!
Does anybody knows for how long it will last?

Amber settled after two months, but we have just been giving her gripe water we tried coleif and found infacol bought her wind up but never took the gripes away.

I would recommend giving Gripe water a go and seein if that suits your LO better? Amber has hers now only when i think she needs it, to start i gave it before each feed.

crikey i wish i had the answers, Ava has colic sooo bad, day and night screams for a good 40 mins a time, its very tiring, we have colief and infacol and have even tried gripe water, its so frustrating, ive taken her to my gps countless times but nothing helps, my gp said her little girl had it terribley, and she had to leave her in a room and walk away where she had the colic so bad! and the crying was getting to her
they say they grow out of it 3-4 months, knowing my luck 6 months, have you tried gripe water, ava does some impressive burps with that xxxxxx

Saffydreamer: thanks for your reply. Seems its over with Daniel. But I am still giving him colif cos Im affraid it will start again!
Hope your LO will get over it too! It just happened overnight. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back