Craving non food products!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Topsy, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Topsy

Topsy Well-Known Member

Don't worry I'm not consuming any but I'm addicted the smell of bathroom cleaner especially lemon ciff takes all my willpower not the bite the sponge after I have cleaned on the plus side my bathroom has never been so spotless. Anyone else got any weird cravings or habits or is it just me? Xx

2. Dax

Dax Well-Known Member

Pregnancy has got me addicteddddd to cleaning stuff!! I actually love the smell of boiling water mixed with bleach or floor cleaner, the smell of the Hoover - everything. So definitely not just you :) haha xx

3. positivity :)

positivity :) Well-Known Member

Mine is the smell of a flannel or towel when it's damp! :shock: sooo weird I'm actually craving the smell. Didn't have anything of the sort last time!

4. bbee

bbee Well-Known Member

I suck water out of sponges in the bath because I just get the urge to eat them:shock:, and I'm addicted to this reallly cheap perfume from asda, it smells gorgeous, I just spray it randomly throughout the day!:lol:xx

5. mummy2b19

mummy2b19 Well-Known Member

i suck water out of a sponge xx

6. mrsolly

mrsolly Well-Known Member

Tri hopping but my weird thing during this pregnancy is chewing on my toothbrush. Just love the feeling and the taste! Also love the smell of sponges! Xx

7. Lauren84

Lauren84 Well-Known Member

I've always like biting into a sponge :-/ lol x

8. Topsy

Topsy Well-Known Member

The sponge thing must be quite common I also feel tempted to bite my foundation sponge when I do my make up. Glad I'm not alone xx

9. bbee

bbee Well-Known Member

Bless us, we all sound crazy :p glad it's all common and 'normal' during pregnancy though lol xx

10. Chezza

Chezza Well-Known Member

I wanted to drink Dettol :) I didn't!! But I really wanted to...I cleaned every room with it almost daily, just so I could smell it constantly. I would also have Dettol and hot water foot baths...bliss!

This condition which makes you crave non-nutritive substances is called PICA and is quite common! xx

11. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

Ha you crazy pregnant lot !! Im eating loads or ice lollies and pickles,( lovely the cold crunchy texture in my mouth!!) but you lot with non food stuff, wins hands down!!

As long as you dont get started on coal!!

#11 JJ Mum, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013