Cramp

Bella2

Reaction score
Has anyone else been suffering? I've been getting cramp in my calf muscles and ocassionally my feet, usually happens at 3 or 4am, poor OH has been great though massaging my legs until the pain fades. Does anyone have any suggestions/know of anything that helps? x x

I was told to drink more water hunny but then it doesnt help with toilet trips! x x

---
-

yep i do but only if i lean on them if u know what i mean and it pulls right into a cramp, i some how got my elbow in a cramp and could not move my fingers x

I get them all the time too and my hubby wont stay up rubbing mine so you are lucky in a way lol

As soon as you feel one coming on, try to either pull your toes towards your body (never stretch them out) or better yet, try to get up straight away and walk around for a few mins. If you do either of those things fast enough, you can sometimes stop the cramp getting too bad.

I suffer horrible cramps in my calves, even before I was pregnant.

Oh yes I feel your pain, posted the same thing last week! Can't bear OH to touch me though so I rub them myself. Everyone said drink more which seems to have helped a little, didn't work straight away but it's been a few nights since I last woke in agony with them.

Thanks girls will try upping my water intake, I do drink a fair bit of water in the day then not much before bed (as sick of toilet trips lol) so I wonder if it is the dehydration which is causing them x x

That's what I was doing as getting up in night was a pain but funnily enough I've been getting up same amount of times with or without drinking, just bigger wee's!

That's what I was doing as getting up in night was a pain but funnily enough I've been getting up same amount of times with or without drinking, just bigger wee's!

:rofl: x x

I was getting them around the 29/30 week mark, but not had any for a while....it's been replaced with kankles now instead, really swollen! ;)

x

I had really bad cramp this morning in both legs at the same time, i couldnt get out of bed, had to get my other half to pull me up out of bed so i could stand up and stretch it out as i find this is the only way i can get it to go, its bloody painful!

I was told have more salt, but I drink loads! I got itin my ankle the otherday! Whats that all about? I've been told to have my legs up abit, it didn't works.

Gives hubby a job, gets woken up with me crying "Leg cramp, leg cramp"!

Cramp is awful! I just stand on the offending leg and it goes instantly. You can try drinking tonic water to prevent it. My dad was told to have a gin and tonic every night without the gin hehe! Xx

I tried the tonic last week as a few people been saying that, it didn't work for me though! I seem to get it from my hip to my ankle just now!

Yeah pull ya toes up honey it's so frustrating the pain & even more so coz it happens in the middle of the night! My babys daddy used to rub them for me but unfortunately were not together now so pulling my toes up is my only option- the only thing that man was good for lol xxx before I was pg I used to up my salt intake & it'd get rid of the cramps... huge fish & chips extra salt & vinegar!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back