cramp!

claireyfairey

Reaction score
Evening all!

Girls, I have got such bad cramp in my right leg :( I woke up with it this morning in my foot and it's gradually crept up my leg as the day has gone on...even my bum feels a bit crampy and sore but it's mostly in my foot and lower calf muscles. I've tried all sorts to get rid of it - I've got my foot up on a chair infront of me and I've been flexing the muscle trying to get some kind of relief but nothing seems to be working :cry:

It's really getting me down.....does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to relieve the pain?? I feel so fed up now :wall:

C xxx

aw hun, can totally sympathise with you here, for the last 3 nights i have the feeling where you know your going to get cramp but it doesnt come, however i used to get cramp the whole time and its mega sore!

im not sure what you can do to stop it, does stretching your legs before you go to bed help at all? sorry i cant help anymore :hug:

I did have a bath earlier which helped a bit, but I would feel a bit daft having another bath now :oops: Maybe I ought to see if I can find a hot water bottle to put on my leg :lol: This should be fun, we've moved recently and all our stuff is in boxes....perhaps searching for a hot water bottle will take my mind off the pain :rotfl:

C xxx

I was told to try tonic water, i got cramp quite badly through 2nd tri and early third but am glad to say i havnt had any at all from about 30 weeks onwards, im not quite sure what the reason was, only thing i've done differently is take a bath almost everyday where as before i'd always shower. Maybe thats the reason :think:

I hope you find a way to help it, a GP told me massaging you're leg is good but tbh i found it painful. It's horrible having cramps and i used to find myself limping after them :hug: :hug:

I'm sure I've read potassium is good for preventing cramp so up your banana intake!

I had cramp in my left calf last night, and it still feels sore now. I can't imagine having it for ages though - get your OH to give your leg a good rub :hug:

Thanks for the suggestions girlies :)

I've got some bananas but they're not ripe yet....I refuse too eat them unless they have lots of little brown spots :shakehead: I will demolish them in a few days though! Will try the tonic water idea though, thanks for that :) Didn't manage to find a hot water bottle so I just had to grin and bear it last night, although it seemed to gradually wear off on my right leg and jump over to my left :doh:

Rolled over in bed at about 6am this morning, must have done something daft and clenched the muscle in my left leg as I turned and OWWWWW! Immense pain, I sat up and grabbed my leg and groaned for about 5 minutes....OH wondered what on earth was going on, he thought I was in labour or something :rotfl: But seriously, the pain was intense, I almost felt sick it hurt so bad :( Touch wood they seem to be okay today, just a bit stiff and my feet are a bit tingly :( I feel all sorry for myself!

C xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back